News of the Prisoners
- Ali Afshari transferred to clinic in Urmiah prison.
- Razgar Afshari transferred to quarantine in Urmiah prison.
- Blogger and war veteran Davoud Bahmanabadi has been moved to Sepah ward 2-A solitary.
- Keyvan Davoodi transferred to quarantine in Urmiah prison.
- Blogger human rights activist Hossein Ronaghi has been hospitalized once again.
- Isa Saharkhiz has been returned to prison from hospital before completing treatment.
- Arash Honarvar Shojaei was taken to Evin clinic on his 8th day of hunger strike due to poor health.
- Saeed Abootarab briefly arrested in Ispahan.
- Medical furlough extension was denied for Reformist Feyzollah Arabsorkhi. He is back in Evin after 3days out.
- Journalist Sahamedin Bourghani was arrested in a raid of his home.
- Parastou Dokouhaki, journalist, researcher and translator, arrested at home in Tehran.
- Mehdi Farahi Shandiz, teacher and worker activist is transferred to Evin to serve 3 year sentence.
- Mohammad Jarahi, Azeri workers’ rights activist, arrested to serve his sentence.
- Foad Khanjani, baha’i student activist, begins serving his sentence in Evin.
- Dana Lanj Abadi Kurdish student activist, summoned to intelligence headquarters in Marivan and arrested.
- Peyman Pakmehr, journalist from Tabriz is arrested and transferred to Evin prison.
- Nima Pouryaghoub, Azeri student activist, arrested to serve his sentence.
- Journalist Marzieh Rasouli was arrested in a raid of her home.
- Arash Sadeghi rearrested one month after his liberation.
- Jiar Salamatian Kurdish student activist, summoned to intelligence headquarters in Marivan and arrested.
- Mohammad Soleimaninia, translator, has been arrested .
- Sassan Vahebivash, Azeri student activist, arrested to serve his sentence.
- Sharokh Zamani, Azeri workers’ rights activist, arrested at his work place to serve his sentence.
- 10 partygoers, 9 men and one woman, arrested in Mashhad.
- Cleric blogger Mohammad Sadegh Honavar Shojaei has ended his hunger strike after 9 days.
- Recently released political prisoner Hashem Khastar and his wife have been summoned to court in Mashhad.
News of injustice in Iran
- Ali and Habib Afshari, Kurdish activists, sentenced to death.
- Fatemeh Arabsorkhi, daughter of imprisoned ReformistFayzollah Arabsorkhi has been sentenced to 6 months suspended for 5 years .
- Ahmadinejad adviser & CEO of IRNA, Ali Akbar Javanfekr, sentenced to 1 year in prison in preliminary court.
- Parisa Kakaei sentence of 6 years prison confirmed by appeals.
- Iran Freedom Movement member Amir Khoram already sentenced to 6 yrs has been sentenced to additional 2 years.
- Supreme Court has upheld death sentence of Saeed Malekpourwithout the knowledge of Supreme Court justices.
- Court of Appeals has upheld the 3 years sentence of blogger and women’s rights activist Fereshteh Shirazi.
- 12 executions in Shiraz on Sunday 5 of them in public.
- One public execution in Kerman on Thursday.
University – Culture
- A separation directed by Asghar Farhadi wins best foreign film in golden globes.
- Iran to use different textbooks for education of girls & boys in its schools.
- US dollar trading at 1665 tomans on the open market in Iran Monday Jan 16.
- Asieh Amini wins prize of International Pen Club.
Economy in Iran
- Iran plans to issue $1 billion in bonds at 21-percent profit rate.
- 1$ = 1650 tomans on Monday.
- Iran does not agree to reduce price on gas supplied to Turkey.
- 8th International Kish Energy Exhibition opens with participation of firms from China, Turkey, Netherlands, India, South Korea, Taiwan, Azerbaijan Republic, Japan, Malaysia, Finland, Austria, UAE, Spain, Germany and Belgium.
- All new employees in government offices must pass a course in the Koran.
- Iran claims to have closed dozens of shops selling Barbie dolls.
- More than 1000 workers on strike in Karoon factory in Sooshtar.
- Iranian FM visits Turkey.
- Ahmadinejad meets with Ecuadorian president.
- Iranian-built cement factory “Cerro Azul” in Venezuela to be launched on March 2012.
- Ali Akbar Salehi, foreign minister, in Turkey.
- Culture and Islamic Guidance Minister visited South Lebanon.
- Iraqi Oil Minister to visit Iran today.
- Syria’s Special Guards for the president are trained in Iran.
- Iran’s Press TV has had its broadcasting licence in the UK revoked
Politics in Iran
- Former IRGC Commander Alaei compares Khamenei to Shah and infuriates regime; protests are organized in front of his home.
- In a reversal, State Dept. of Iran has approved candidacy of Motahari, Katouzian, and Abbaspour.
- 230 Iranian dissidents ‘strongly’ condemn nuclear worker’s assassination.
- US Navy Rescues third Iran Crew.
- Was she ‘executed’? Iranian student activist Gelareh Bagherzadeh, 30, found shot dead in her car near her Texas home.
- A strong earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale hit northeastern Iran on Thursday, injuring at least 100 people.
- The Head of UAE Security told delegates at a regional security conference not to allow the US to push Arab states into conflict with Iran
- News from Iran Week 2 – 2012 (lissnup.wordpress.com)