News of the Prisoners
- Alireza Karami Kheirabadi transferred to an outside hospital.
- Mehdi Khazali has been transferred to Evin’s 350 section clinic for stomach bleeding.
- Ali Malihi transfered to Evin’s prison clinic for oral surgery and returned back to prison.
- Imprisoned Student Activist Abolfazl Tabarzadi transferred to Psychiatric Ward.
- Hassan, Jalil Nezal and Jamal Nezal Abeyat arrested in Ahvaz for promoting elections boycott.
- Heydar and Khaled Abidavi arrested in Ahvaz for promoting elections boycott.
- Police attacked the house of Ali Akhavan, Workers’ rights activist and arrested him.
- Mozhgan Amadi, Baha’i, arrested in Shiraz.
- Adel and Adnan Cheldavi arrested in Ahvaz for promoting elections boycott.
- Karim Majid Daheimi arrested in Ahvaz for promoting elections boycott.
- Nima Dehghan, Baha’i, arrested in Shiraz.
- Bijan and Mozhdeh Falah, Baha’is, arrested in Shiraz.
- Zhinoos Fanayan, Baha’i, arrested in Shiraz.
- Mohammad Adnan Halefi arrested in Ahvaz for promoting elections boycott.
- Ali Heydari arrested in Ahvaz for promoting elections boycott.
- Sam Jarberi, Baha’i, arrested in Shiraz.
- Hadi Manabi arrested in Ahvaz for promoting elections boycott.
- Faraj Mousavi arrested in Ahvaz for promoting elections boycott.
- Political activist Hossein Naeimipour arrested.
- Ayoub and Emad Saedi arrested in Ahvaz for promoting elections boycott.
- Abbas Sami arrested in Ahvaz for promoting elections boycott.
- Sina Sarikhani, Baha’i, arrested in Shiraz.
- Eydan Shahi, arrested in Ahvaz for promoting elections boycott.
- Police arrested a number of foreign currency dealers during “a strike operation”.
- Ali Ajami freed at the end of his 2 year sentence.
- Houman Fakar Moghadam released against 150 million toman bail.
- Hassan Fathi is free on bail.
- Mohammad Javad Mozafar freed after serving his sentence.
- Labour activist Mansour Osanloo released on bail.
- Civil activist Taghi Salahshour has been released on bail from Tabriz prison.
- Ali Abassi, Rahman Yaghoubi, and Maziar Yazdan Nia, Mazandaran University students, held behind bars among dangerous criminals.
- Still no news of Christians Davoud Alijani, Naser Zamen Dezfooli, and Christian priest Farhad Sabok Rouh, arrested in Ahvaz during Christmas celebrations.
- Jafar Eghdami on hunger strike at Rejaei Shahr prison to protest official’s refusing to give him medication provided by his family.
- Fatemeh Kheradmand meets with her family in prison.
- Ebrahim Rashidi to protest against his illegal arrest.
News of injustice in Iran
- Mehdi Alizadeh was sentenced to death for Moharebeh.
- Famous kickboxing instructor Hossein Armin executed in public at Karaj.
- Kurdish political prisoner Reza Esmaeili has been sentenced to death on Moharebeh charges.
- Faran Hesami, wife of Kamran Rahimian, sentenced to 4 years in prison.
- Journalist, writer and civic activist Beitollah Mohammadi aka Saeed Moghanli is found not guilty.
- Leila Mohammadi, converted to Christianity, sentenced to 2 years in prison.
- Student activist Saeed Naimi sentenced to 2 years in prison.
- Kamran Rahimian, Baha’I, sentenced to 4 years in prison.
- Elham Roozbehi, a Bahai resident of Semnan, given a three year sentence.
- Baha’i Sadaf Sabetian sentenced to 2 years in prison
- Student activist Mohsen Sanatipour has been sentenced to one year in prison.
- 5 years sentence confirmed by Appeals for Baha’I Eighan Shahidi.
- 4-year jail term upheld for Mousavi supporter Hossein Zarrini.
- Execution of a Kurdish prisoner was carried out in Evin on Sunday.
- Two secret hangings carried out in Rasht prison.
- Guardian Council approves new Shari’a based penal legislation.
- One prisoner who escaped from Ilam prison, was executed in the prison yard upon his recapture.
University – Culture
- Gender equality award for Parastoo Forouhar.
- Azadeh Tavana, student in Azad University, summoned to Intelligence ministry
Economy in Iran
- The dollar back up again at 1880 Toman.
- Turkey’s Halkbank to continue working with Iran.
- Over the past nine months, the UAE, China, Germany, Korea and Turkey were Iran’s five leading trading partners.
- Train drivers on strike in northeastern Iran.
- Manufacturing plant employees in Mashhad demonstrate against Province Administration over a year delay of salaries.
- Armed Syrian opposition says it has “captured members of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard operating in Syria”.
- EU halts financing of grain shipments to Iran.
- Interior Minister in Russia to combat drug trafficking.
- Iran falls 36 places in 2012 Environmental Performance Index.
- For the 4th time now: US Navy comes to rescue of Iranian fishing dhow.
- Iran says 11 Iranian pilgrims kidnapped in Syria.
- Central Banks of UAE and Qatar tell lenders to stop financing trade with Iran.
- Foreign Office Minister condemns Iranian harassment of BBC staff.
Politics in Iran
- Guardian Council – 45% of candidates for March Elections rejected.
- Iran hosts the International Youth and Islamic Awakening Conference on 28 and 29 January.
- Gaza-based Hamas Prime Minister, Ismail Haniyeh, will visit Iran on February 3.
- Finally, Ahmadinejad presented his 2012/2013 Budget – 57 days after it was due.
- International women’s soccer games in Iran cancelled after foreign national teams refused to participate.
- Cyber-police arrested administrators of a Facebook group which launched an online beauty contest.