News of the Prisoners
- Student/political activist Naeem Ahmadi has been transferred to Meshkin Shahr prison to start serving his 6 month sentence.
- Younes Soleimani violently beaten by guards in Ardebil prison further to his hunger strike; he was transferred to prison’s clinic.
- Pan-Iranist member Shahin Zeinali was transferred from Evin 350 to Rejaei Shahr prison.
- In past 2 weeks; 3 killed, 49 arrested among Iranian Arabs in Khuzestan province.
- Salar Abidavi, Jajah Chanaei, Ebrahim Heidari, Jafar, Hamid, Jasem, Karim, Khadijeh, Mohammad, Sajjad Kaabi, Adel, Ahmad, Ashour, Faisal, Kazem Dabat , Ali Kanani , Mehdi Khosraji, Moslem Mezravi , Morteza Mousavi, Hassan and Mehdi Navaseri, Ahmad and Osman Zegheibi all recently arrested in Shush.
- Ahmad and Hossein Afravi, Majid Bavi, 25 years old, two legs paralyzed, Abdolvahed Beit Siah, Walid Hammadi, Towfigh Heidari, Ghazi Hendali Farahani, 37 years old, Jamal Hezbavi, 44 years old, Hamid Khanfari Betrani, Saeed Khazarji, Taher Ma’avieh, Jasem Moravani , Mohammad Na’ami, Seyyed Ahmad Nazari, 65 years old, Ali Sharifi, Saadoon Silavi, Khalaf Zeibidi, 45 years old, Amir Sorkhi, Adnan, all recently arrested in Ahwaz.
- Ali Akbar Amini, protester who climbed atop a crane last 25 Bahman was arrested again.
- Student activist Parsa Bahmani arrested in Shiraz for implementation of his 6 months sentence.
- Reza Jelodarzadeh, editor-in-chief of the recently banned “Sobh-e Azadi” magazine was arrested.
- Mehdi Konjareh, web activist and freelance journalist, arrested in Tehran.
- Hasan Manabi Salehi was recently arrested in Hamidieh.
- Farid Emadi, Noorah Falah, Samitra Momtazian, Iman Rahmat Panah, Faezeh Tashakkor, Payam Taslimi and Farshid Yazdani, all Baha’i were arrested in Shiraz on February 5th and taken to Intel detention center.
- Dr. Behrooz Rashidiani, candidate for the Majlis elections rejected by the Guardians’ Council, arrested last month and sent to Khorramabad prison.
- Nasir Sha’arian arrested last month in Tabriz for writing a letter to Obama.Iran arrests several PPL over alleged links to British Broadcasting Corporation’s Farsi-language service.
- 10 newly converted Christians were arrested in a home in Shiraz that was used as a church.
- Student and labor activist Meysam Nejati has been released on bail after 37 days in Evin ward 2-A (IRCG).
- After 25 days in 209 solitary, Gonabadi Dervishes member Simin Nematollahi has been released on bail.
- Hamed Yazerloo freed at the end of his three years sentence.
- Babolsar political activist Yaser Yousefzadeh has been released
- Jafar Afshari has been on a hunger strike in Orumieh prison since 2/2 protesting his 5 years sentence.
- Kouhyar Goudarzi is kept in solitary.
- Political activists and families of political prisoners met with hunger striking Dr. Khazali’s family.
- Sociologist and National-Religious activist Dr. Madani has had no contact with his family since his arrest a month ago.
- Disabled war veteran, Mousavi supporter Ahmad Miri taken to court handcuffed.
- Political Activist Fazlollah Salavati was stopped at the airport and prevented from leaving the country.
News of injustice in Iran
- Reza Kermani, previous leader of Pan Iranist party, sentenced to 4 additionnal months in prison.
- Dr. Mehdi Khazali has been sentenced to 14 years in prison in Barazjan (Boushehr), 90 lashes and 10 years exile in Barazjan.
- One of the three people killed in Khouzestan is Mohammd Kaabi in the city of Shush.
- Shamim Zaeinolabedin has been summoned by to receive her 50 lashes sentence.
- Four executions in Qom prison.
University – Culture
- Roozegar Daily banned from publication, for quoting a top ranking reformist.
- Iran bans Simpson dolls.
- Following the shut-down of House of Cinema, Authorities launch Iran Cinema Organization.
- The license of the magazine Ayeene Goftegoo (Ethics of Dialogue), supported by former President Mohammad Khatami, was cancelled after its first issue.
- Mousavi’s daughter banned from continuing her studies in the University.
- Iran reportedly blocking https secure access to Google, Yahoo and other sites.
- Keyan Hashemi Dehaj expelled from Tehran University for being a Baha’i.
Economy in Iran
- Prices for dairy products rose 9%.
- Oil Minister: Iran will stop oil exports to certain EU countries; rejects India and China’s request for discount on exported oil.
- Central Bank opens rupee account in India.
- Malaysian exporters halt palm oil supply to Iran.
- Strategic alliance between China and Iran to develop Iran’s oil and gas fields worth over $50 billion.
- Sanctions imposed on Tehran prevent Indian merchants from receiving payment for 200,000 tons of rice exported to Iran.
- IMF Iran is 17th largest economy in the world.
- 15 stores in Isfahan, which sold clothing that is “symbolic of western culture,” have been closed down.
- Price of rice has gone from $2 to $5 per kilo since last year.
- US dollar back at 1900 tomans.
- Japan to reduce its oil imports from Iran by 20%.
- Red meat selling for 40,000 tomans ($33) a kilo.
- More than 100 Tehran policemen protest in front of parliament.
- A group of teachers in Kermanshah launch strike due to delay in payment of their salaries.
- EU planning sanctions against Iran telecoms sector.
- Following imposing ban on road travel; Iran bans nationals from travel by train to Syria.
- Iranian warships dock at Saudi port.
- Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Abdollahian has arrived in Damascus.
- Saudi Arabia blocks Khamenei’s website.
- Vice President for International Affairs, Ali Sa’idlu, has left Tehran for Belarus.
- 25 Canadian senators called for immediate release of 25 political prisoners in Iran, including Saeed Malekpour on death row.
- Israel teams with terror group People’s Mujahedin of Iran to kill Iran’s nuclear scientists, US officials say.
- Hamas ends its relations with Syria and Iran.
- Iranian ‘engineers’ abducted in Syria freed.
Politics in Iran
- Parliament to summon Ahmadinejad for questioning.
- Majlis submits draft resolution to restrict movement of European citizens to Iran, prohibit the import of merchandise from countries participating in the embargo.
- Majlis closed from February 11 until after the March 4 elections.
- Mousavi’s daughters have been threatened with arrest.
- 3 pro-reform groups to release lists of candidates.
- Death Penalty for those under 18 is prohibited according to the new Islamic penal code approved by Parliament.
- Wastewater of some towns entering Anzali Wetland.
- Drought threatens existence of Kani Brazan wetland of Western Azerbaijan province and Parishan wetland.
- Gotvand-Olya Dam reservoirs to be inundated again within 48 hours; Papila ancient bridge will go completely under water.
- Another IRGC commander, Ahmad Sodagar, 50 years old, has passed away from a heart attack; he is 5th commander to die of cardiac arrest in past 2 weeks.