- Gonabadi Dervish Kazem Dehghan transferred to Adel Abad prison in Shiraz.
- Abolfazl Ghadiani is back to Evin from Modarres hospital CCU.
- Dr. Mehdi Khazali, on the 43rd day of a hunger strike, trandferred to ICU of Taleghani hospital on Saturday with heart problems; removed by security agents against doctors’ advice at 02:00 AM on Sunday and taken to Ghamar Banihashem hospital affiliated with the Intelligence Ministry. On Monday, he was returned to Evin. He has requested an autopsy be performed by UN affiliated doctors after his death.
- Reza Shahabi was returned to Evin Prison from the hospital, before the medical treatment he was receiving could be completed.
- Hamid Abedini arrested on Feb. 14th on hunger strike to protest being kept with common law prisoners.
- Ezatollah Ahmadian, Baha’i from Mashhad, arrested while holding a handicraft exhibition.
- Dr. Sadegh Akhoundi associate professor at Department of Orthodontics School of Dentistry at Tehran University has been arrested.
- Hamed Aslani arrested on Feb. 14th on hunger strike to protest being kept with common law prisoners.
- Ali Azad arrested on Feb. 14th on hunger strike to protest being kept with common law prisoners.
- Vahid Habib Cheshmeh, Azeri activist, arrested during a raid against his home.
- Gonabadi Dervishes member Kazem Dehghan was arrested in a violent raid of his home in Kovar.
- Baha’i writer Atolli Derakhshan arrested in Sari.
- Mohammad Ali Ebadeli arrested on Feb. 14th on hunger strike to protest being kept with common law prisoners.
- Gholam Hossein Ghasemi arrested on Feb. 14th on hunger strike to protest being kept with common law prisoners.
- Behnaz Hadadzadeh, Baha’i from Mashhad, arrested while holding a handicraft exhibition.
- Fataneh Hajipour, Baha’i from Mashhad, arrested while holding a handicraft exhibition.
- Giti Hakimpour, 78 years old Christian, retired from nursing teaching in the University, arrested.
- Dariush Jalali, student, in Yasuj, sewed his lips and chained his feet before being arrested on 25 Bahman.
- Shahrzad Khalili, Baha’i from Mashhad, arrested while holding a handicraft exhibition.
- Samira Mahrooeyan arrested in Tehran.
- Arman Mokhtari, Baha’i from Mashhad, arrested while holding a handicraft exhibition.
- Mohsen Moradi arrested on Feb. 14th on hunger strike to protest being kept with common law prisoners.
- Navid Nabili, Baha’i from Mashhad, arrested while holding a handicraft exhibition.
- Hamid Reza Sadr arrested at home in Tehran on 25 Bahman.
- Hekmat Salimi, priest of one of Isfahan’s churches, arrested.
- Ali Shekarchi, arrested again on 25 Bahman, is on hunger strike in Evin 240 solitary.
- Ali Shokrchi arrested on Feb. 14th on hunger strike to protest being kept with common law prisoners; transferred to solitary.
- Shayan Tafazzoli, Baha’i from Mashhad, arrested while holding a handicraft exhibition.
- Reza Touri, Azeri activist, arrested during a raid against his home.
- Naghmeh Zabiheyan, Baha’i from Mashhad, arrested while holding a handicraft exhibition.
- Mohammad Saeed Zakeri, political editor of ‘9 Day’, a weekly supportive of Ahmadinejad, arrested.
- Baha’i Hooman Zareei was arrested at work this morning by Intel agents in Shiraz.
- More than 20 members of Chel Chaman mountain climbing Group returning from a mountain hike in Sanandaj were arrested last Fri day.
- 35 citizens from Sanandaj were arrested by Sanandaj Intelligence Ministry.
- 185 citizens from Mashhad arrested within 2 days.
- Three people have been arrested in northern Iran for distributing fliers boycotting the upcoming Parliamentary election.
- Ali Azad, arrested during 2/14 protest were released on bail.
- Gholam Hossein Gahsemi, arrested during 2/14 protest were released on bail.
- Mohsen Moradi, arrested during 2/14 protest were released on bail.
- Mohammad Sadegh Kaboudvand authorized to visit his son in hospital.
- 51 of Saeed Malekpour’s previous prison mates testify to his innocence and forced and tortured confessions.
- After months of no contact, Mousavi’s daughters received a phone call from their parents.
- Nasrin Sotoudeh banned from her children’s visit because of hejab.
- 10 people arrested on 25 Bahman are on hunger strike in Evin prison – People arrested during 2/14 protest were moved from Evin ward 7 quarantine to Evin ward 350 – A fight broke out between the 2/14 arrestees and the regular prisoners(mostly dangerous criminals) in Ward 7.
- Ayatollah Bayat Zanjani joins in many prominent figures asking Dr. Khazali to break his hunger strike.
News of injustice in Iran
- Journalist Mahsa Amrabadi sentenced to 1 year in prison and 4 years suspended.
- Adel Fanaeian, Baha’I of Semnan, sentenced to 6 years in prison.
- Maryam Ghorbanifar sentenced by Appeals to 3 years in prison.
- Saeedeh Foroughi, Baha’i sentenced to 4 months suspended for 5 years.
- Cultural activist Alireza Hosseinzadeh has been sentenced to 91 days by court in Tabriz.
- Shirzad Karimi, Kurdish student, sentenced to 4 years suspended for 3 years.
- Tabriz Court of Appeals has sentenced Sakineh Ashtiani’s imprisoned lawyer Hootan Kian to 6 years in prison.
- Ali Mohammadi Moghadam has been on a hunger strike in Orumieh prison for 4 days. He is sentenced to 19 years.
- Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani gets final execution order.
- Zhila Rezvani, Baha’i sentenced to 4 months suspended for 5 years.
- Journalist Mehrdad Sarjoui, who covered international news for English-language daily Iran News, gets 10 years jail.
- Taraneh Torabi, Baha’i from Semnan, sentenced to 5 years and 10 months in prison.
- Iran’s second and third blinding-by-acid sentences.
- Three executions in Mazandaran province on Tuesday morning.
University – Culture
- Stuxnet infected 16,000 computers.
- Internet again disrupted in Iran ahead of elections.
- A rap song from Iran, in solidarity with people of Homs, Syria.
- CPJ names Iran one of the World’s 10 Online Oppressors.
- UN Telecommunications Body requires Iran to stop satellite jamming.
- Javid Haj Hemmati, student activist, expelled from Khajeh Nasir Toosi.
- ‘A Separation’ of Asghar Farhadi wins France’s prestigious Cesar award for Best Foreign Language Film.
Economy in Iran
- Iran threatens to stop selling oil to United Kingdom and France.
- European countries must sign 2-5 year oil contracts with Iran if they don’t want their oil sales halted.
- US $ = 1910 Tomans.
- Tehran hosts advanced Russian technologies exhibition.
- Ukraine to invest USD 800 million in three Iranian oil field development projects.
- 200 nurses demonstrate over wages at Tehran Heart Hospital.
- Parsiloon workers protest in Khorramabad.
- Workers from the sugar plant in Ahvaz gathered in front of the Province Administration to protest the several months of delay in payment of their salaries.
- Iran ships dock in Tartous Syria on Sunday and sail on Tuesday.
- Iranian journalist arrested in Azerbaijan for possessing 3 grams heroin.
- Ahmadinejad in Islamabad for a trilateral Pakistan-Afghanistan-Iran summit.
- EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton urges Iran to stay execution of Canada resident Saeed Malekpour.
- White House strongly condemns Iran for death sentence of Pastor Nadarkhani.
- Azad University of Isfahan, in collaboration with Ryerson University of Canada and UPM University of Malaysia, is expected to hold an International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Advanced Technology (ICMEAT2010) from October 10 to 12, 2012.
Politics in Iran
- 12 days before Majlis elections, IRGC commanders report 60% participation in the elections!
- Ayatollah Mahdavi Kani, the head of the Assembly of Experts, has denied news that he had a long discussion with the Supreme Leader.
- Coordinating Council for the opposition movement calls people to stay at home on Election Day.
- Opposition group Freedom Movement, calls for boycott of elections.
- Zeinab Society chief Maryam Behrouzi dies.
- Iranian first vice president, Rahimi, suffers heart failure.
- Islamic Republic seals shut late Ayatollah Montazeri’s house after confiscating his son’s belongings.
- Once again; fire contained at Iranian Bandar Imam petrochemical plant.