News of the Prisoners
- Baha’i Shahram Chinian transferred to Raja’i Shahr prison.
- After five days under torture in solitary cell, political prisoner Arjang Davoudi was returned to Hall 12 at Rejaei Shahr.
- Mohammad Reza Motamednia on hunger strike transferred from Ward 350 to 240 solitary (Sepah).
- Farahnaz Naeemi transferred to general ward of Kerman prison.
- Iman Rahmat Panah, baha’i, transferred to ward reserved for contagious prisoners.
- Shahab and Farin Rasekhi transferred to general ward of Kerman prison.
- Sina Sarikhani baha’i, transferred to ward reserved for contagious prisoners.
- Esmail Sahebi Tabrizi taken to Taleghani hospital for haemorrhoid bleeding and then back to Evin without any treatment.
- Head of Mousavi’s 09 campaign in Qom, University professor Masoud Adib was arrested in a raid of his home.
- Khadijeh Alboshokeh, wife of Maher Mousavi, arrested 14 April 2102 in Ahvaz.
- Shebab Beit Sayyah arrested in Ahvaz.
- Sajjad Dahaimi, arrested 14 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Mohsen Ebayat, arrested 14 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Jafar Ganji, artist and graphic designer, begins serving his five years sentence in Evin.
- Sadegh Farajallah Kaab, arrested 14 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Jafaar Ganji (Iran Freedom Movement sympathizer) was arrested on Tuesday, detained in Evin prison.
- Faranak Heyrani, Baha’i, arrested after summons in Ghaemshahr.
- Baha’i Shayan Houshmand arrested in Boujnourd on 15th of April . His parents were already arrested.
- Fawwaz Hamoud Jabdra Shemiri (45), father of four, Al Bedwan tribe and Sunni cleric, arrested 16 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Ali Kaabi arrested 12 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Five citizens from Saqqez, a father called Namegh Mahmoudi and his sons Manouchehr, Behzad, Behnam and Osman Mahmoudi were arrested by security forces in this city.
- Yusef Manbouhi, son of Zayer, arrested 12 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Ghassem Marvani (25), son of Hamid Kadim arrested in Ahvaz.
- Ahmad Mashaali, arrested on 14 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Raheleh and Sahel Miri, Baha’is, arrested in Qaemshahr; Raheleh is pregnant.
- Nasser Moslemzadeh, arrested 14 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Anis Motei, Baha’i, arrested in Qaemshahr.
- Seyyed Ali, Seyyed Mohammad Mousavi arrested in Ahvaz.
- Maher Mousavi, arrested 14 April 2102 in Ahvaz.
- Seyyed Nabi Mousavi (26), son of Seyyed Jasim, arrested 9 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Danial Oeji, Baha’i, summoned to prison.
- Mohammad Saedi, son of Abdulsadeh, arrested 14 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Student activist Ali Salem reported to Evin to start serving his two years sentence.
- Baha’i Houshmand Sanaei and wife Sholeh Shahidi arrested in Bojnourd 7th of April. Shahidi was released few hours later and re-arrested on the 14th of April.
- Aghel (30), Ahmed (25), Hamoud (25), Nabi (42) Sawari , arrested 9 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Fadel Sawari, son of Haj Abed, Business owner, arrested 13 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Hamoud Sayyahi (30), arrested 9 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Salman Sayyahi, arrested 14 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Sadegh Sharhani (30), son of Ibadi, arrested 9 April 2012 in Ahvaz.
- Jabbar Yabbari (45), Ahvazi rights activist and father of six, arrested in late March on a street.
- Chair of the Freedom Movement of Iran, Dr. Ebrahim Yazdi has been summoned to start serving his eight years sentence.
- Abadan’s Prosecutor General announces arrest of 29 young men and women at a night party held at a café in the city
- Political prisoner Nazila Dashti has been released after serving 3 years in prison.
- Ebrahim Madadi, Vice President of IFTW-affiliated Tehran Bus Workers Union is released.
- Furlough denied to imprisoned teacher Rasool Bodaghi.
- Blogger Haniyeh Farshi in Evin for 20 months, suffering from kidney problems, treatment not provided.
- Death sentence of political prisoner Hamid Ghasemi has been sent to sentence implementation division.
- 13 new summons on 13 different new cases have been issued for Dr. Mehdi Khazali since his release on bail 21st of March.
- Ali Moezi refuses to appear in his own trial.
- Documentary film maker Mohammad Nourizad has been banned from leaving the country.
- Jailed labor activist Reza Shahabi was on hunger strike. At the urging of fellow cellmates and due to poor health, he ended it.
News of injustice in Iran
- Supreme Court has upheld 10 years sentence + exile to Zahedan prison for Mohammad Amin Agooshi, currently in Urmia prison.
- Seyyed Mohammad Ebrahimi refuses to show in his trial.
- Supreme Court has upheld 10 years sentence + exile to Zahedan prison for Iraj Mohammadi, currently in Urmia prison.
- Supreme Court has upheld 10 years sentence + exile to Zahedan prison for Ahmad Pouladkhani, currently in Urmia prison
- Labour activist Reza Shahabi sentenced to six years.
- Two men convicted of immoral acts received 99 lashes in public in Shahrood.
- Etemad Melli newspaper was found guilty of 5 charges and exonerated on 9 charges.
- 8 people were hanged in Adelabad prison in Shiraz.
- 2 people were hanged in Zanjan prison on Tuesday.
- 3 executions in public in Marvdasht.
University – Culture
- Google has been filtered in Iran.
- TIME magazine named Asghar Farhadi among its 100 most influential people in the world.
- Guidance Ministry announces policy at Book Exhibition event; 6384 books destroyed in Qom.
- First Phase of “National Internet” Begins June 8th.
- Majid Tavakoli permanently expelled from all Universities.
- Elhan Mehrebani-Yazdi, bahaï student in Medical studies at Kerman Universities, expelled.
- Workers from Zagros Steel gather to protest in front of Gharaveh’s Governor’s quarters; tenure of the fired workers at Zagros Steel ranges from 10 to 20 years and 25 have been injured at workplace.
- Medical School students protest in front of Health Ministry.
- People gathered in front of Boukan governorate to protest against killed Kurd girl, robbed children.
Economy in Iran
- Iranian importers buy 50,000 tons of feed wheat.
- Iran has an estimated 2.6 million child labourers, according to some organisations.
- Iran had an income of $95 billion from oil sales in 2011 – an increase of 35% over 2010.
- Electronic system at 10 Iran banks hacked; 3 million accounts compromised. Customers should change password at bank branches.
- Housing Expenditures in Iran (1389): 25.7% rent, 64.7% own, 1.2% compensation for services, 8.4% free housing.
- World’s biggest oil tanker to join Iranian fleet/Iran buys 12 new oil tankers from China.
- Khatam al-Anbiya wins another desalination plant project.
- Russia shipped 63,000 tons of wheat to Iran.
- Price of paper has more than tripled.
- 40% increase in rents.
- 1$ = 1,800 tomans.
- 60% of regular workers live under poverty line.
- Large light oil field discovered in southern Iran.
- Dubai’s Direct Trade with Iran reached $9.8 Billion in 2011.
- Iran plans to increase its oil storages up to 100 million barrels.
- Iran threatens to dissolve South Pars gas contract with China if project doesn’t show progress in 1 month.
- Iran stops oil sales to Shell.
- IRGC’s Khatem ol Anbia will build 10 million barrel underground strategic reserve facilities.
- India replaces China as Iran’s top oil customer.
- Minister of Industry, Mines and Commerce orders increased regulation of product prices in the market.
- Iran-Nigeria economic meeting ends with cooperation agreement.
- German ship with Iranian arms for Syria stopped before reaching Tartus.
- 315 foreign companies from 44 countries to participate in Iran oil show of which USA, Germany, UK, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Norway, Austria, Spain, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Switzerland, China, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, France, the Netherlands, India, Uzbekistan, Australia, Ukraine, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Romania, Zambia, Japan, Sudan, Iraq, Oman, Finland, Kazakhstan, Cameroon, Canada, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, Mongolia, Mexico, and Nigeria.
- Porsche joins Hyundai in ending business with Iran.
- First meeting of Iran-Lebanon High Commission for Joint Cooperation to be held 30 April-3 May.
- Switzerland extends Iran sanctions but stopped short of freezing assets of Iran’s central bank.
- 3 Iranian students at doctorate level accepted in CERN to work on particles accelerator.
- Egyptian cultural, media delegation meet Iranian FM.
- Iran FM to travel to Tunisia on Monday.
- Iranian diplomat arrested in Brazil for ‘touching’ 9-15 years old girls at a swimming pool.
- Abolfazl Zahrevand, Iran’s new ambassador to Afghanistan.
Politics in Iran
- Tehran’s prosecutor confirms arrest orders for Mortazavi, who agrees to quit, impeachment of labour minister annulled. But Ahmadinejad does not accept this dismissal, and Mortazavi will continue as Head of Iran Social Security Fund, says Ahmadinejad media adviser.
- Iranian first Vice Président’s guards “beat up” a Fars News Agency reporter.
- Iran summoned Swiss ambassador to Tehran in protest to ‘US criticism of Ahmadinejad’s visit to the Iranian island of Abu Musa.
- Heavy rains flooded streets in Isfahan city.
- An American received medical treatment in Tehran after his plane was diverted to Tehran when he suffered a heart attack on a flight from Dubai to USA.
- Iran will feed a town in the desert with water extracted from Caspian Sea.
- Iran will arrange tours in 3 disputed Persian Gulf islands (Tomb and Abou Moussa)
- Heavy air pollution in Kermanshah and Khorramabad.