News of the Prisoners
- Ebrahim Babaei transferred to hospital.
- Imprisoned opposition cleric Ayatollah Kazemini Boroujerdi hospitalized.
- Participation Front member Mehdi Eghbal has been released on medical furlough.
- Political prisoner Mohamadreza Motamednia was taken to Modarres hospital and returned to Evin after treatment.
- Reza Sharifi Bokani transferred to solitary confinement in Rajaei Shahr Prison.
- Illegal transfer of Sharokh Zamani, Workers’ rights activist, to Yazd prison
- Baha’i Atefeh Anvari was arrested in Isfahan.
- Journalist Farshad Aswad arrested on his way out of the country.
- Mohammad Ilkhanizadeh Tehran University student sentenced to 3 months prison and 74 lashes.
- Zeynab Jafarzadeh, a student at the Teachers Seminar in Tehran, was arrested in the student dormitory and transferred to Evin Prison.
- Baha’i Mahnaz Jan-Tasar was arrested in a raid of her home in Bandar Abbas.
- Extension of medical furlough denied for Mahboubeh Karami, she is back to Evin.
- Zahra Khodabakhsh, daughter of Shargh newspaper investor, detained.
- Basimeh Kamjoo, teacher, arrested in Fasham.
- Mojtaba Karimi, Mohammad Moradi, and Erfan Mohammad arrested in Esfahan for distributing Kebrit, a forbidden student newspaper.
- Journalist Sam Mahmoudi recalled to prison.
- Manizheh Najm Araghi, writer, translator and secretary of the Writers Association, arrested.
- Baha’i Zhinous Nourani begins serving her one year sentence in Semnan.
- Baha’i Rofia Bidaghi begins serving her one year sentence in Semnan
- Mohammad Rezaei, member of National-Religious party entered prison to serve his sentence.
- Sadaf Sabetian Baha’i, arrested and sent to Evin to serve her 2 years sentence.
- Behnam Sheikhi arrested again and sent to Intelligence detention center in Tabriz.
- Number of Christian citizens, affiliated to “Church of Iran”, arrested in Karaj.
- Mohammad Ahadi released on bail from Tabriz prison after 4 months + 6 days.
- Gholamhossein Azari Najababadi was released after completing his one year sentence; he was arrested during 25 Bahman (2/14/2011) protest for carrying a green flag.
- Mehdi Forouzandeh Pour head of Mousavi office released from prison today at the end of his sentence.
- Mehrdad Karami was released from Tabriz prison after 5 months incarceration
- Vahid Lalipour, Mahdieh Golroo’s spouse, freed at the end of his sentence.
- Atefeh Nabavi released from prison
- Banned from education, Baha’i Sama Nourani was released after completing her 1 year sentence.
- Ebrahim Rashidi was released on bail from Tabriz prison after 4 months incarceration
- Banned from education student activist Kaveh Rezaei Shiraz has been released on furlough.
- Rouzbeh Saadati released on bail from Tabriz prison after 4 months + 6 days.
- Davoud Soleimani, member of Participation Front central council, freed from prison at the end of his sentence.
- Arash Sadeghi began a hunger strike to support fellow-prisoner Hossein Ronaghi-Maleki.
- Tuesday afternoon, Evin Ward 350 was raided by security forces. Political prisoners protested by chants of Ya Hossein Mir Hossein.
News of injustice in Iran
- Sonia Ahmadi, Baha’i, sentenced by appeals to 5 years in jail.
- Omid Firouzian, Baha’i; has been sentenced to 4 years + 6 months by lower court in Semnan.
- Nourah Nabilzadeh Baha’i, sentenced by appeals to 5 years in jail.
- Baha’i Pouya Tabianian has been sentenced to 6 years + 6 months by a court in Semnan.
- Sina Zahiri sentenced to two years in prison.
- One execution in Evin on Wednesday morning.
- Eight people executed in Urmia prison on Thursday.
University – Culture
- Shahre Ketab (Book City) in Boustan shopping center has been shut down.
- Rudehen University has now been sexually segregated.
- Turkish poetry night ceremony by Azeri students at Tehran University, cancelled.
- Journalism scrapped from top university.
- Foad Shams has been banned from continuing his university education.
- Jackson Pollock painting back in Tehran Museum of Contemporary Arts after a row with Iran’s customs service over unpaid debt was resolved.
- Student activist Reza Arab suspended from Mazandaran University.
- Mehdi Jamalvand suspended from Hamedan University.
- 40 students summoned by Beheshti University Disciplinary Committee.
- Babak Maghazei becomes a starred student*.
- Jabar Dastbaz suspended from Saghez university.
- House of Cinema permanently shut down.
* “starred students” are discriminated against and prevented from continuing their education
- Kiosk venders in Tabriz have had a protest gathering in front of the city hall protesting the actions of the Urban Squares Organization.
- Students at Tabriz University protest the Internet cuts/interruption to services.
- In reported clashes in Ilam, 5 military officers are siad to have been killed and 10’s of protesters arrested.
Economy in Iran
- $1 = 1780 tomans on Saturday, 1732 tomans on Monday.
- Abhar Steel Factory has been closed.
- Workers of Iran Barak have not been paid for 7 months.
- Workers of Parris factory in Sanandaj have not been paid for a year.
- Iran cancels $2 billion dam contract with China.
- 80 tires factory workers laid off.
- British Foreign Secretary W. Hague condemns violence against Ahwazi Arab Protesters.
- IRGC Commander: Iran’s Qods force has significant presence in Syria.
- Iran targeted by ‘Flame’ espionage virus ‘The virus could only have been created by a state’.
- Vice president Mohammad Reza Rahimi visits Kenya.
- 10 Iranians have been executed in Saudi Arabia. Iran summoned the Saudi ambassador to hand a note of complaint.
- At the end of the 9th Conference for Economic Cooperation between Iran and Tajikistan in Tehran, five Memorandums of Understanding were signed.
Politics in Iran
- ‘Bakhtiar’ dam is given to IRGC’s Khatem-Al-Anbia. [See also cancelled China project above]
- Ali Larijani elected president of the parliament.
- Security forces shut down the international agriculture and food exhibition in Tehran as some booth owners were in violation of Islamic dress code.
- Iranian police restrict sale of neckties.
- Iran, number one in opium usage in the world.
- 62% of Iranian Olympiad winners immigrate.
- Dust clouds appears again over Tehran.
- Research found 5.4% of child labourers and streets kids in Iran have AIDS.
- Launch of temporary marriage centers in Tehran.
- Trojan targets Iranian and Syrian dissidents via proxy tool.
- 25% of Iran’s population suffers from Psychiatric problems.