News of the Prisoners
- Javad Alikhani transferred to hospital for too little time to allow proper treatment, and then back to prison.
- Jailed Kurdish rights activist, Mohammad Sadegh Kaboudvand, in critical condition after embarking on hunger strike, transferred to prison clinic.
- On day 8 of hunger strike, Hossein Ronaghi Maleki, in dire health was taken to Hasheminejad hospital, and back to Evin 3 hours later on Saturday; he was back in hospital on Sunday night. On Monday, Sepah stormed his hospital room, threatened his family, removed his visitation rights and transferred him to another room. To protest, he began a dry hunger strike but changed back on Thursday to a fluids-only strike.
- Amir Alavi political activist from Zanjan arrested by intelligence ministry.
- Ghazanfar Alivand, Gonabadi dervish, arrested in Gerash, Fars province.
- Saeed Azimi, Baha’i, arrested in Nashtrood.
- Shirollah Dargahi (80), Grandfather of jailed student activist Arash Sadeghi, arrested.
- Participation Front member Mehdi Eghbal released on medical furlough last week, is back in Evin.
- Ahmad and Farhad Esmaili, and Ezzat and Omid Rahimi, Gonabadi dervishes, arrested in Gerash, Fars province.
- National-Religious activist Mohammad Robin and son Tohid arrested at Hoda Sober’s graveside memorial. Son was released later
- Amir Seif, sentenced to 5 years prison and 74 lashes, summoned to serve his sentence.
- Political activist Hamzeh Karami has been released on furlough.
- Mohammad Moradi released on bail.
- Journalist Ahmad Reza Yousefi was released from Evin after completion of 2 years sentence.
- Kurdish political prisoner Jafar Afshari has been on hunger strike since June 4 protesting his sentence.
- Iran opposition leader Karroubi returned home for 3 hours, met family.
- Temporary detention order for Tabriz University of Agriculture student Afsaneh Toghir has been extended for 2 weeks.
- Death of a Kurdish political prisoner due to neglect in Rajai Shahr Prison Seyyed Mohammad-Mehdi Zalieh-Naghshbandian
News of injustice in Iran
- Mohammad Ahadi, Mehrdad Karami, Ebrahim Rashidi, Rouzbeh Saadati, Afshin Shahbazi, Azeri activists, sentenced to six months in prison plus six months suspended.
- Banned from education, Baha’i Vahed Kholousi has been sentenced to 5 years.
- The bodies of three Afghans, recently executed, returned to families in Afghanistan.
- 5 people hanged publicly in Shiraz on Thursday.
- 3 people hanged in Rejaei-Shahr prison in Karaj on Thursday.
University – Culture
- The head of the Administrative Justice Court overturned the decision to shut down the Cinema House.
- Iranian government revokes publishing license of Cheshmeh, one of the biggest publishers in Iran.
- Preschool teachers gathered in protest in front of parliament.
- Villagers from Takab gathered to protest against the destruction of the environment and government confiscated lands by the miners.
Economy in Iran
- 1,000 workers from Seymareh dam in Ilam have not been paid for six months.
- 67 workers from Chodan Pars Company did not have their contracts renewed and lost their jobs.
- Iran is the destination for 80% of Turkey’s gold exports.
- Turkish company to carry out a project to transfer water from Araz River into Lake Urmia.
- Bank Melli sues another local lender, Bank Saderat, over $2.6 billion over fraud allegations.
- Iran, Armenia reach agreement on hydroelectric power plant.
- IRI sends food to Assad’s regime in an effort to help its survival.
- Fast-growing Iran mobile-phone network managed to obtain sophisticated US computer equipment despite sanctions.
- Salehi, Foreign Minister, meets Pakistan president.
- Anti-Iran protest around Tehran’s Embassy in Kabul.
- Foreign Ministers of USA and France object to Iran’s attendance of international conference on Syria.
Politics in Iran
- In Oroumieh, revoking the driver’s license of women with inadequate Hijab is a new form of pressure on women.
- Nazi propaganda website starts operation in Iran, government censors do nothing.
- Relatives of Radio Farda employees who live in Iran interrogated by security forces and forced to contact their relatives and ask them to stop their activity with Radio Farda.
- Graveside memorial service of Hoda Sober was attacked by forces and a number of people arrested.
- Ahvaz hit by sand storm again.
- Iran confiscates 150 hectares (370 acres) of Ahwazi land in Ma’shoor, 110-km south of Ahwaz city.
- Morality police forbid sharing of wedding films.
- Since March 2012, Congo fever killed 7 in Iran.