News of the Prisoners
- Javad Alikhani ends his hunger strike after return to general ward.
- Imprisoned Mahabad Payame Nour University student Jamal Ghadernejad was taken to hospital.
- Farshad Ghorbanpour ends his hunger strike after return to general ward.
- Death row Kurdish prisoner Samkoo Khorshidi was moved from Saghez prison to Sanandaj prison.
- Saeed Jalalifar ends his hunger strike after return to general ward.
- Reza Joshan exiled to Damghan.
- Saeed Matinpour ends his hunger strike after return to general ward.
- One week after kidney surgery, blogger/HR activist Hossein Ronaghi Maleki is back in Evin prison.
- Arash Saghar ends his hunger strike after return to general ward.
- Massive arrests in Karaj, 59 workers’ rights activists, all transferred to Rejaei Shahr prison. Among them: Mitra Homayooni, Vafa Ghaderi, Reyhaneh Ansari, Khaled Hosseini, Mahmoud Salehi, Saeed Moghaddam, Cyrus Fathi, Ghaleb Hosseini, Mohammad Abdipour, Jalal Hosseini, Alireza Asgari, Masoud Salimpour, Abbas Andriyany, Sediq Amjadi, Fattah Soleimani, Maziar Mehrpour, Mohmmad Molanai, Vahed Seyyedeh, Jalil Sharifian, Sediq Khosravi, Yusuf Ab Kharabad, Faramarz Fetrat Nejad, Jalil Mohammadi, Nezam Sadeghi, Afshin Nadimi, Hussein Pilooti, Rahman Ebrahim Zadeh, Abbas Hashem Poor
- Amin Abolhasani, Abadeh Manouchehr Zare and Ali Shafiee, Gonabadi dervishes, arrested in Kovar.
- Implementation of 2 years prison for Michael Azimi, student of late Hoda Saber.
- Omid Ghaderi-Eghdam, Yaghoub Khezri and Jamal Ghaderinezhad from Miandoab, arrested and sent to prison.
- Kurdish Tehran University post-grad student Diako Khayat arrested in Mahabad
- Amir Sheibanizadeh arrested and sent to Vakilabad prison to serve his sentence.
- Vahid Zardi, an actor newly converted to Christianity arrested in Mashhad.
- Tehran police declare: 170 thugs and hoodlums arrested, they will be displayed in various parts of the city as a lesson to others.
- Imprisoned journalist Bahman Ahmadi Amouie denied family visits.
- Political prisoner Mohamadreza Motamednia has been released at the end of his sentence.
- French Trade Unions CFDT, CGT, FSU, Solidaires and UNSA condemned on Tuesday “the suppressive wave” in Iran against workers’ rights activists, and called on Iranian authorities to “respect workers’ rights”.
- Mansour Mohammadi, Kurdish prisoner, is on hunger strike in Bandar Abbas prison
- Nasrin Sotoudeh vows to launch hunger strike next week if denied visitation with family.
News of injustice in Iran
- Foad Ahmadnejad sentenced to 6 months.
- Shohreh Azami-Kasaei sentenced by appeals to 8 months.
- Ali Naami Sharifi, Abbas, Abdolrahman and Jamshid Heydarian, Arab political prisoners were hanged in Karoon prison.
- Zahra Nik-Aein’s 7-year sentence reduced to 23 months by appeal court.
- Keyvan Rahimian sentenced to 5 years in prison.
- 4 year sentence for Alireza Rajaee.
- Journalist Isa Saharkhiz has been sentenced to 1.5 additional years on an 11 year-old case.
- As part of their sentence, 2 men convicted of theft were lashed 74 times each in public in Vaneshan village (Central Iran).
- 4 public executions in Tehran on Wednesday.
- 1 execution in Ahar on Thursday.
University – Culture
- In past two months 621 domestic and foreign sites under surveillance by cyber police.
- Students of Naft University in Ahvaz were attacked, beaten, and their exams were canceled.
- Iranian Ney virtuoso Hassan Kasaii dies at 84.
- Tehran University Chemical Engineering master’s degree student Shaghayegh Aghah has been expelled due to being a Baha’i.
- Press TV is back on the Astra staellite.
- The Iranian Cultural Center and the branch of Iranian Studies Foundation in Moscow were opened.
- Truck drivers of Iran’s largest cement factory continue their strike.
Economy in Iran
- 10,000 workers write a letter to Minister of Labour.
- The unemployment rate reaches 65% in Iranian Kurdistan.
- $1 = 1810 Tomans Monday, 1825 Tomans Tuesday.
- Bank Tejarat sues the European Union over an asset freeze imposed on the state-owned Iranian bank.
- Rise in food prices compared to one year ago: dairy 44% – vegetables 55% – fruit 41% – herbs 94% – red meat 37% – chicken 73%
- Iranian and British foreign ministers meet.
- The Japanese parliament approved insuring ships carrying Iranian oil.
- Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi, Vice President of Executive Affairs Hamid Baghaei and Vice President for International Affairs Ali Saeedlou will be accompanying Ahmadinejad, scheduled to arrive in Bolivia on June 19 to meet with his Bolivian counterpart Evo Morales before attending the Rio+20 Summit on sustainable development in Brazil.
- China asks Iran to pay for shipping costs of the oil it wants to export.
- Ahmadinejad met with both the UN Secretary General and former Brazilian President Lula da Silva on the sidelines of the Rio+20 Summit.
- 3 Iranian banks, including Pasargad and Bank Tejarat, have applied to the Turkish banking regulator for a banking license.
Politics in Iran
- Ahmadinejad will quit political scene in 2013.
- MP calls for expulsion of Saudi ambassador.
- Larijani brothers accused of embezzling over 342 hectares of land in best locations around Tehran.
- According to official records, within the last year 75 boys/girls under the age of 10, 3929 boys/girls aged 10-14, were married in Tehran
- 500 suicides in one year in Hamedan alone.
- Iran says Flame virus is contained.
- The Central Bank of Iran site has been under cyber attack.