News of the Prisoners
- Imprisoned journalist Reza Ansari Rad suffered nervous attack and convulsions, moved to infirmary.
- Ahmad Ghabel transferred to Milad hospital in Tehran.
- Mohammad Sadegh Kaboudvand was taken to hospital outside the prison in critical condition.
- Baha’i Afif Na`imi transferred to hospital.
- Afshin Yavari transferred from Rajaei Shahr prison to hospital.
- Furlough extension was denied for Hassan Asadi Zeidabadi, he is back in Evin.
- Hamid Eslami, Baha’i from Shiraz arrested and sent to Intel (pelak100).
- Masoom Fardis back to Evin 350 at the end of his furlough.
- Faran Hesami begins serving her 4 years sentence.
- Amir Maghami-Far, Baha’i, was arrested last week in Tehran.
- Sarah Mahboubi, Baha’I, begins serving her 10 months sentence in Sari prison.
- Amir Mazidi, Baha’i, was arrested last week in Tehran.
- Mohsen Mohagheghi back to Evin 350 at the end of his furlough.
- Navid Nezhat, student activist, begins serving his one year sentence in Evin.
- Rahman Vafaei, Baha’i from Shiraz arrested and sent to Intel (pelak100).
- Meiad Afshar, Baha’i expelled student, released on 60 million toman bail.
- Nourollah Ghebeitizadeh, Christian, freed after 16 months in prison.
- Ashraf Alikhani launches hunger strike to protest transfer of cellmates to Gharchak prison.
- After 80 days, journalists Mahsa Amrabadi incarcerated in Evin and husband Masoud Bastani in Rejaei Shahr were allowed to visit.
- Mohammad Sadegh Kaboudvand begins a dry hunger strike.
- Mehdi Karroubi met with the family, four days after the death of his sister
- Hossein Ronaghi Maleki’s furlough has been extended until August 1st.
News of injustice in Iran
- Mansoureh Behkish, member of Mourning Mothers of Laleh Park sentenced by Appeals to 6 months in prison + 3.5 years suspended for 5 years.
- Political prisoner Asghar Mahmoudian sentenced to 6 years to be served in Semnan prison.
- Foad Moghaddam, Baha’i from Shiraz, sentenced to 5 years in prison.
- Amanollah Mostaghim, Baha’i from Shiraz, sentenced to 5 years in prison.
- Labour activist sentenced to 3 more years in prison in Sanandaj: Pedram Nasrollahi.
- 3 hangings in Kerman prison on Monday.
- 3 hangings in Ghazvine on Tuesday.
- 1 hanging in Zahedan on Thursday.
- 1 public hanging in Shiraz on Thursday.
University – Culture
- Peyman Aref banned from studying, once again.
- Student activist Ali Ajami expelled from university.
- Iran celebrates registration of Kashan carpet weaving and Fin Garden on UNESCO lists.
- More than 300 workers at Makin Darya Company, a company tied with Khatam ol Anbiya, Revolutionary Guards construction wing, in Bandar Abbas went on strike on July 7. The workers have been protesting 4 months delay in receiving their wages.
- A group of contracting textile workers at Iran Barak in the city of Rasht went on a short work stoppage on July 7 and sent a letter to the management of the factory.
- Pensioners Association board members in Shushtar announce a protest [ income not in step with inflation]
Economy in Iran
- A labor activist in Boroujerd announced thousands of municipal workers have not been paid for 2 months.
- India’s top buyer of Iran oil turns to Azerbaijan and Saudi Arabia.
- Renault refuses to leave Iran.
- HSBC accused to have worked secretly with Iran.
- Jomhouri Islami critical of new Egyptian President.
- Ali Akbar Salehi said that Iran has contacts with Syrian opposition.
- Iran delegation in North Korea for talks.
- Yemen uncovers Iran spy network run by former IRGC commander, in operation for 7 years.
- Iran condemns blast in Damascus, warns against foreign interference in resolving Syrian conflict; Salami tells IRGC officers not to fear U.S. power.
- Iran denies Israeli claims on Bulgaria attack and condemns the attack.
Politics in Iran
- Afghanrefugees barred from two provinces of Mazandaran and Hormozgan.
- Tehran’s mayor Qalibaf runs for presidential elections in 2013.
- 2000 chicken vendors fined total of $750,000 for high chicken prices.
- Intelligence headquarters in Khuzestan warn Muslim families to avoid all contact with Baha’i families.
- Majlis Speaker meets with “sources of emulation” in Qom.
- Ayatollah Mesbah Yazdi has declined Tehran Mayor Mohammad-Bagher Ghalibaf’s numerous requests for a meeting.
- Deputy Head of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), Barham Salih, met with Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi. He is also due to meet with other senior officials, Ahmadinejad, Majlis Speaker Ali Larijani and Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Secretary Saeed Jalili. This is Salih’s third visit to Tehran.
- Ahwaz is in the midst of a water crisis and its worst drought in decades.
- Tehran police arrest 130 offenders and expose them on a podium; 30 added later.
- Intensified appropriation of satellite dishes in Urmia by police.
- Police has appropriated 540 satellite dishes in Ardebil in the last 3 months.
- Large factory in Ahvaz changes working hours to 11pm to 7 am during the month of Ramadan.
- Some people have attacked Islamic Police in eastern Tehran.