News of the Prisoners
- Mostafa Daneshjoo, lawyer of Gonabadi dervishes, transferred to Modarres hospital.
- Amir Eslami, Gonabadi dervish, transferred to Taleghani hospital.
- Abolfazl Ghadiani transferred to hospital after beating in prison.
- Afshin Karampour, lawyer of Gonabadi dervishes, transferred to Milad hospital for treatment of his broken leg.
- Esmaeel Sahabeh transferred to hospital and then back to prison without medical examination.
- Abdollah Abbassi, religious activist, arrested in Kurdistan.
- Fariba Ashtari, Fariborz Baghi, Shahram Falah, Nategh Naeemi, Iman Rostami, Baha’is arrested in Yazd.
- Khosro Dehghani, Naghmeh Farabi, Vida Parvini, Baha’is arrested in Vila Shahr.
- Tahereh Rezaei, Baha’i arrested in Shahin Shahr.
- Navid Haghighi Baha’i arrested in Arak.
- Saba Golshan, Sasan Haghiri, Shahram Eshraghi, Azar Pourkhorsand, Baha’is arrested in Isfahan.
- Journalist and National-Religious activist Mehdi Fakhrzadeh arrested in a raid of his home and transferred to Ward 209.
- Farhad and Farid Akbari-Fazli sent to Behbahan to serve their sentences of 9 and 7 months.
- Afshin Ossanlou arrested again.
- Ahmad Shojaei (Farshid), former Ministry of Intelligence employee, arrested with his son Sajjad Shojaei.
- Naseem Ashrafi, Baha’i from Tehran released on 100 toman bail.
- Participation Front member Mehdi Eghbal released from prison after serving 33 month sentence.
- Journalist Mehran Faraji released after serving his 6 month sentence.
- Political activist Mohammad Reza Hadi released from Tabriz prison after serving 2 years sentence.
- Bahareh Hedayat released on furlough.
- Shamis Mohajer, Baha’i from Tehran released on bail.
- Narges Mohammadi released on 600 million Toman bail.
- Journalist Mehdi Mahmoudian released on furlough.
- Zhinous Rahimi, Baha’i from Tehran released on bail.
- Journalist Ahmad Zeidabadi released on furlough.
- Baha’i online university faculty Ramin Zibaei released on a 3 day furlough.
- Political prisoner Abolfazl Ghadiani has launched a hunger strike protesting inhumane treatment in Evin.
- Books and note-pads of Ahvazi political prisoners in Ahvaz Karoon prison confiscated.
News of injustice in Iran
- Shamzin Ahmadnezhad, Kurdish student, sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Shahoo Partavi, Kurdish student, sentenced to 3 years in prison.
- Shir-Ahmad Shirani political prisoner held in Zahedan last 3 years has been sentenced to 22 years in prison in Ardebil.
- Verdicts issued for the bank embezzlement case: 4 received death, 2 received life in prison and the rest from 10 to 25 years.
University – Culture
- By government order, universities are now prohibited from inviting members of the Participation Front as lecturers.
- Professor Nima Arkani-Hamed wins prestigious physics prize.
- Martyr Beheshti Foundation website filtered.
- Iranian actress Leila Hatami honoured with French Ordre des Arts et Lettres – TehranTimes.
- Protest rally in front of parliament.
Economy in Iran
- Gold and foreign currency on the rise again in Iran: USD at 1974 Tomans Monday, 2020 Tomans on Thursday, 2106 Tomans on Friday.
- Sparrow kebab sold in Ahvwaz.
- 7 people arrested for stealing dry bread (crackers) from overturned trailer.
- Shortage of wheat for bakeries expected.
- Iran has increased import duty on some products from 45% to 90%, hurting rice exports from India and Pakistan.
- Syria has expanded chemical weapons supply with Iran’s help, documents show.
- 2 Iranian sailors released from detention in Qatar return to Iran.
- Syrian FM comes to Iran for unscheduled visit, meets with leaders.
- Indian Police: people responsible for February bombing are directly linked to IRGC.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast on an official visit to China.
- Armed men in Benghazi, Libya kidnapped 7 Red Crescent Society workers from Iran.
- Egypt’s Morsi has decided not to attend Tehran NAM conference.
Politics in Iran
- Release of Green Movement leaders precondition for 2013 elections, says Khatami.
- Court cancels appointment of Kahrizak judge Saeed Mortazavi as head of Social Security.
- Senior IRGC commander admits growing economic instability, fears renewal of mass protests.
- Court case filed against Javad Larijani for usurping land in Javad Abad in Tehran province.
- Saeed Mortazavi attends official cabinet meeting despite dissolution of his appointment.
- Iranian forces in Ramadan crackdown on Arab villages (arresting 15 for becoming Sunni).
- Administration, Parliament clash again over Mortazavi.
- Police seize over 2 tons of opium in Southern Iran.
- Rosa Gharachorloo professor of law, member of the Bar Association Commission on Human Rights, has died.
- 3 dead, 15 injured in fire at Iran’s biggest petrochemical complex – 9 in critical condition.
- Bronze medal for Iran weightlifter Kianoush Ramezani.