News of the Prisoners
- Mir Hossein Moussavi taken to Hospital in Tehran because of a heart condition; Zahra Rahnavard was with him and their daughters could visit him. He returned from hospital the next day
- Zhila Baniyaghoub hase been summoned to prison.
- Ashura protester Behzad Arab Gol arrested three years ago summoned to Evin to serve 4-year sentence.
- Journalist Mehdi Mahmoudian is back in prison.
- Shiva Nazarahari has been summoned to prison.
- Children’s rights activist Saeed Shirzad was arrested in Varzegan. He was there to help the earthquake victims. He begins a hunger strike to protest against his arrest.
- Rayhaneh Tabatabaei has been summoned to prison.
- Political prisoner Shahin Zeinali is back in Rejaei Shahr prison after 10 days out on furlough.
- 22 men and women were arrested in Chaloos in a raid of a private party.
- Police detained 35 people who were helping earthquake’s victims and transferred them to Tabriz prison ward controlled by Intelligence ministry, 35 reported arrested among the following 41 names:
- Farnaz and Mehrnaz Ahmadzadeh, Behrooz Alavi, Mohammad Arjomandirad, Mehri Baghbanbashi, Maziar and Morteza Esmailpour, Jafar Gholami, Navid Khanjani, Danial Hosseini, Vahed Kholousi, Ali Mahmoudi, Behrouz Oloomi, Milad Panahipour, Farid Rohani, Amir, Hasan and Hossein Ronaghi-Maleki, Sadegh Rezaei-Gigloo, Amir Ronasi, Sepehrdad Saheban, Mohammad-Amin Salehi, Esmail Salmanpour, Mohsen Samei, Hamid Reza Masieian, Bahram Shojaei, Ali Taghdiri, Houman Taheri, Masoud Vafabakhsh , Shayan Vahdati
- and Misagh Afshar, Shima Ghosheh, Rayhaneh Hesami, Kiana Karimpour, Narges Kheirollahi, Jafar Nezami, Esmail Rafati, Ahmad Ronaghi-Maleki , Nafiseh Saeedifard, Zahra Sayadi, Artemis Varzandeh, who were reported as released on bail the next day
- Pan-Iranist member Omid Dehdarzadeh has been released from Ahvaz prison.
- Jalil Mohammadi, Worker activist has been released.
- Habib Afshari, political prisoner sentenced to death, ends his hunger strike.
- Rasoul Herdani on hunger strike in Evin 350.
- Cyber police summoning private quake aid depositors.
- Mostafa Sabeti, head of the Council of the Participation Front in Golestan Province received the order banning him from leaving Iran when he was at the airport about to go on a trip abroad
News of injustice in Iran
- University of Texas physics student, Omid Kokabee’s 10-years prison sentence upheld in appeal court.
- Gilan University student activist Omid Rezaei has been sentenced to 8 months in prison by the Appeals Court.
- Workers protest management shuffle in copper industry.
Economy in Iran
- Iran imports from Russia, largest item Wheat, non feedstock, total $425 million. Iran exports to Russia, largest line item Pistachios ~1/4 total of ~$90 million.
- Iran exports to China, mostly petrochemicals and minerals, total ~$1 Billion three months since March 2012. Iran imports from China, mostly machinery, total ~ $860 million.
- Iran exports to USA, largest item dried grapes ~ 1/4 of total of $360,000 three months since March 2012. Iran imports from USA, largest item wheat non feedstock ~ 1/2 of total of $51 million.
- Iran looks to Armenia to skirt bank sanctions.
- 150-member delegation will accompany Indian PM in visit to Tehran.
- Australia imposes new sanctions on Iran.
- UN political chief criticizes Iran for sending weapons to Assad’s regime.
Politics in Iran
- 12 women’s hospitals established in Iran.
- Ali Saeedi, Khamenei representative at IRGC, said reformists can participate in upcoming presidential elections if they “repent”.
- PDKI and Komeleh sign a strategic unity agreement.
- Tractor soccer fans booed as Khamenei was shown on the big screen during the mid-week match, screen in disapproval of slow quake disaster response.