- Ahmad Reza Ahmadpour, defrocked cleric, transferred to Yazd Prison.
- Human Rights activist Navid Khanjani has been transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr prison.
- Hossein Ronaghi Maleki transferred to Tabriz prison quarantine in preparation for transfer to Evin.
- Isa Saharkhiz transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr prison.
- 6 of the earthquake volunteer aid workers arrested in Azerbaijan have been transferred to Evin 350:
- Navid Khanjani
- Sepehr Saheban
- Esmaeil Salmanpour
- Saeed Shirzad
- Hooman Taheri
- Masoud Vafabakhsh.
- Samin Ehsani summoned to Evin to purge her sentence.
- Rashid Esmaili member of Policy Council of Advar Tahkim (Alumni Society ) was arrested by IRGC agents.
- Soleiman Mahmoudian arrested in Saqez and sent to Saqez prison.
- Mehran Malaveisi arrested in Marivan and sent to Saqez prison.
- Journalist/Human Rights activist Shiva Nazarahari sentenced to 4 years + 74 lashes reported to Evin to start serving her sentence.
- Hamed and Jamal Sheikhi arrested in Marivan and sent to Saqez prison.
- Popular poet Mohammad-Reza Ali-Payam (Haloo) released on 100 million toman bail.
- After 3 years imprisonment, journalist Masoud Bastani is released on furlough.
- Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani released, acquitted of apostasy.
- National-Religious activist Alireza Rejaei has been released from Evin on a 3 day furlough.
- Abdollah Shahbazi, jailed Iranian historian, released.
- Ali Tase released from Marivan prison after 2 months detention.
- Obeid Zarei released from Marivan prison after 2 months detention.
- These aid workers were released from custody:
- Morteza Esmailpour
- Danial Hasani
- Esmail Salmanpour
- Saeed Shirzad
- Bahram Shojaei
- After writing a letter to the Chief of the Judiciary, former Tehran mayor Mohammad Tavasoli summoned to court on a case that was closed 3 years ago.
News of injustice in Iran
- Farzad Ahmadi, a labour activist and tailor, sentenced to 4 months in prison in Sanandaj.
- Court of Appeals has upheld a 3 year sentence of Maryam Alangi. Her husband Mohsen Dogmechi died in prison last year.
- The Appeals Court in Tehran has upheld a 5 year sentence for the Child Rights activist Samin Ehsani.
- Court of Appeal has sentenced Zahra Mansouri to 2 years in prison and 5 years suspended.
- Amanollah Mostaghim’s 5 year sentence upheld by Appeals.
- Shahnaz Sagvand, wife of jailed worker Ali Nejati on trial, charged with spreading propaganda against the system through an interview with Foreign Media.
- Gonabadi Dervish, Nosrat Tabasi, sentenced to 5 years in prison.
- 11 people who were transferred from Ghezel Hesar prison to Evin Ward 240 were hanged, among them 5 Afghans.
- A man was hanged in public on Monday in Shahrood.
- Verdicts have been issued for 40 people involved in the bank fraud case. 4 have received the death penalty and 2 have received life in prison.
University – Culture
- Gender Segregation forces girls to drop out from school in the villages of Yasuj due to lack of accommodation.
- Qaraati: Iranian Universities should be equipped with “temporary marriage” headquarters.
- Iran censures text messages containing the word “dollar” following collapse of its currency.
- $1 = 2305 Toman on Saturday, 2430 on Sunday, 2600 on Monday, and 2500 (Euro 3250 ) on Tuesday.
- Black Market estimated to account for 21% of Iranian economy.
- Two manufacturing factories in Arak and Esfahan closed in one week; 600 workers lost their jobs.
- Deputy Minister of Industry, Trade and Mines: 38% decrease in car production in the first 5 months of the year.
- Iran’s Central Bank went bankrupt.
- Iran surpasses Bolivia to become number one in the world in inequality in distribution of wealth.
- Rent prices increase by a staggering 60% says Iran’s Census Bureau.
- Sierra Leone takes 10 Iranian ships off register.
- Iran seeks to reopen London embassy; UK refuses.
- Egypt denies in talks to buy Iranian oil.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesman, Ramin Mehmanparast, slammed Bahrain’s imposition of jail terms on 13 leading opposition figures in the kingdom.
Politics in Iran
- The Majlis has set up a special joint friendship group to boost parliamentary ties with Syria, Egypt, Palestine and Morocco.
- Protest against the American film caricaturing Mohammad in front of the Swiss Embassy.
- 100 teachers in Hamadan protested deceptive announcement of Minister of Education claiming 15% rise been implemented.
- Iran ambulance personnel get equipped with teargas.
- Iranian Paralympians take home 24 medals.