That stupid movie. Don’t tell me that international security agencies did not see the dubbed Arabic version being posted online in the days leading up to the 9/11 anniversary. If I saw it, then I am certain they did, too. But they made a choice about how to proceed, and we are witnessing the outcome of that decision now across the “Muslim world”. And it is a significant outcome. Here’s a map:
Without further ado, here are my
10 11 Likely Reasons for Provoking Muslims to Riot
- Takes everyone’s mind off the increasingly meaningless US presidential elections
- Kills tourism and independent outside investment in states the IMF /World Bank etc want to extort more money from
- Takes attention away from the clusterfark in Syria
- Erases the positive attitudes fostered by increased contact with Muslims (oh wow, they’re just like regular people!) since the uprisings in the Arab world began, terrible PR for reason 5..
- To maintain Islamophobic support for the West’s incurable addiction to the war on terror
- To spread chaos, fear, uncertainty, doubt, and generally keep the Arab countries too busy on internal security to worry about uniting
- As a massive smokescreen-cum-raison-d’etre to not withdraw troops from Afghanistan or..
- To provide an excuse to re-deploy some of Afghanistan’s troops in North Africa (beats creating jobs or paying them social security benefits)
- To make the entire region look hellish and unstable, thereby lending credence to a UN Security Council decision to “allow” a de-facto invasion of Mali
- Just because all Muslims have a giant red button that is too irresistible, they Must.Press.It.
- Courtesy of Russian journalist Maxim Shevchenko: to boost Obama’s popularity ahead of the US presidential elections
- Top Ten Likely Consequences of Muslim anti-US Embassy Riots (juancole.com)
- Steve Coll: Why do Americans believe in Muslim rage? (newyorker.com)
- Viewpoints: Anti-Islam film and self-censorship (bbc.co.uk)
- Protests against anti-Islam film hit Muslim states (worldbulletin.net)