- Political prisoner Fayzollah Arabsorkhi has launched a hunger strike protesting denied medical care; he stopped when transferred to hospital.
- Imprisoned Journalist Mohammad Reza Pourshajari (Siamak Mehr) taken to hospital after heart attack.
- Keyvan Rahimian transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr prison.
- Mohammad-Ali Dadkhah, prominent Human Rights lawyer, has gone to Evin to serve a 9 year prison sentence.
- Children’s books translator Nazanin Daihimi reported to Evin to start serving her 8 months sentence.
- Nava and Nika Khalousi, Baha’i, arrested during a raid against their home in Mashhad.
- Mahsa Mahdavi, Baha’i, arrested during a raid against her home in Mashhad.
- Mehdi Emami-Naseri, editor in chief of Maghreb newspaper arrested.
- Two people arrested for publishing music on Internet.
- On the pretext of ridding the Salmas in West Azerbaijan of thugs, security arrested 15 people – no charges known.
- Behrooz Alavi activist arrested at the earthquake site has been released.
- Mohammad Azadi released from Evin.
- Hamid-Reza Moseibian activist arrested at the earthquake site has been released.
- Mehdi Rahmanian, editor in chief of Shargh newspaper, was released on 50 million toman bail.
- Baha’i citizen Shahnaz Ranjbar summoned twice by Intelligence Bureau, arrested.
- Esmail Salmanpour activist arrested at the earthquake site has been released.
- Hooman Taheri activist arrested at the earthquake site has been released.
- Saeed Malekpour, jailed web programmer who is sentenced to death, ‘expressed remorse and repented’.
- Political prisoner Fardin Moradpour started a dry hunger strike to protest being severely beaten.
News of injustice in Iran
- Shahab Abbasi, Arab activist, arrested in 2008 was sentenced to execution.
- Hadi Albokhanfarnezhad, Arab activist, arrested in 2008 was sentenced to 3 years in exile in Ardebil.
- Taher Eskandarian sentenced by Appeals to 3 years in prison.
- Student activist Mohammad Haji Babaei sentenced to 5 months in prison.
- Supreme Court has upheld the death sentences of Ebrahim Isapour on Moharebeh charges.
- Sami Jadmavinezhad, Arab activist, arrested in 2008 was sentenced to 3 years in exile in Ardebil.
- Abdolreza-Amir Khanafereh, Arab activist, arrested in 2008 was sentenced to execution.
- Jasem Moghadam, Arab activist, arrested in 2008 was sentenced to 3 years in exile in Ardebil.
- Abdolamir Mojdami, Arab activist, arrested in 2008 was sentenced to execution.
- Supreme Court has upheld the death sentences of Sirvan Nezhavi on Moharebeh charges.
- Civil rights activist Hamid Reza Ranjbar sentenced to 3 years in prison and 74 lashes.
- Afrasiab Sobhani sentenced by Appeals to 1 year in prison.
- Pouya Tabianian sentenced by Appeals to 6.5 years.
- Hand amputation for the person convicted of theft to be carried out in public.
- Three Afghan nationals hanged in Tabas on Monday.
- Two hangings in Naghadeh on Tuesday.
- One Afghan national hanged in Evin on Tuesday.
- Two men charged with theft publicly lashed in Masjed Soleiman; one received 50 lashes the other 70.
University – Culture
- San Sebastian Film Festival lauds works of Touraj Aslani, Majid Barzegar.
- Iran lifts block on Gmail.
- More than 50 female students of Shahrekord Uni expelled from dormitory for dress code violations
- 9 Internet cafes have been closed in North Khorasan since the start of year.
- Iranian websites that give current currency rates filtered.
- Banned from filmmaking,yet Jafar Panahi has made another movie, says Abbas Kiarostami.
- Iran student magazine “Arman” at Tehran Azad University banned; equipment confiscated.
- Tehran bazar closed; bazari hold gathering to protest rising prices/dollar exchange rate; anti-riot police reported they arrested around 150 people, including 2 Europeans.
- Iran Security forces clashed with people gathered at Ferdowsi Bazar in Mashhad.
- A second petition by workers with 20,000 names protests government’s indifference to first petition.
- 200 workers laid off at Electric Khodro Shargh Company (EKS)
- $1 = 2770 tomans on Saturday, 3050 on Sunday, 3500 on Monday, 4000 on Tuesday
- Tehran Metro partly lying idle because of subsidy cuts.
- The Pouya auto parts factory that laid off 1,300 workers in February has now completely shut down.
- Tehran Bazaar partly closed on Monday because of currency crisis.
- Trade in gold coins and US dollar in Tehran Bazaar ‘stopped’ on Tuesday.
- Damash mineral water plant shut down.
- Isfahan’s goldsmiths’ Bazaar half closed because of currency crisis.
- Tehran’s bazaar remained closed on Thursday.
- Ahmadinejad’s former-Basiji cameraman defects in New York; Debka File claims he was recruited last year, and brought secret nuclear site videos with him
- Tehran transfers $10 billion to aid Assad war effort, and Ahmadinejad awards Iran’s highest national medal to Assad.
- German investigators uncover more illegal exports.
- First Vice President, Mohammad Reza Rahimi visits Turkey to discuss economic cooperation.
- Three kidnapped Iranian nationals freed in Syria after four months.
- Six Iranian pilgrims killed in Karbala.
Politics in Iran
- French embassy in Tehran ‘under attack’.
- Iran’s parliamentary speaker Ali Larijani cancels press conference.
- More than 8,000 stray dogs have been killed in Mashhad this year.