- Mohammad Nazari who sewed his lips, transferred to prison clinic after 38 days on hunger strike.
- Blogger Mohammad Reza Pourshajari is back in prison before completing treatment in hospital.
- Ehsanollah Amanian, Gonabadi dervish, receives 50 lashes and goes to prison to serve his 5 months sentence.
- Student activist Behrouz Faridi, arrested at home to serve his 1 year sentence.
- Despite need for medical care, furlough extension for political prisoner Kazem Motamed has been denied, he is back in Evin.
- Baha’i Adib Shoaei has been arrested in Mashhad.
- Iran arrests 16 forex market manipulators.
- 150 arrested at a party in Gilan province.
- 4 more people arrested at ‘Maghreb’ newspaper, charges unknown.
- Imprisoned defrocked cleric, blogger, journalist Ahmad Reza Ahmadpour started hunger strike on Wednesday.
- Mohammad Eskandarzadeh banned from leave.
- Vahid Habibcheshmeh banned from leave.
- Mehdi Hashemi banned from visits.
- Vahid Rastgoo banned from leave.
- Abdolfattah Soltani awarded with IBA Human Rights Award.
- Since Friday Oct. 5, political prisoner Farah Vazehan has been on hunger strike.
- Evin 350 was raided by guards, political prisoners and their belongings searched, prisoners responded by roaring protest chants.
News of injustice in Iran
- Mohammad Eskandarzadeh, Azeri activist, sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Hasan Fatemi, two legs paralyzed, sentenced by Appeals to 3 years in prison; he is in Saqqez prison.
- Vahid Habibcheshmeh, Azeri activist, sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Appeals confirmed 8 year jail sentence + 10-year ban on working as journalist of Sam Mahmoudi, editor for history and book services of Shargh paper.
- Political prisoner Ali Moezzi refused again to appear in court as he deems it illegal “puppet court”.
- Behnoud Ramezani’s parents sentenced to 8 months, his aunt sentenced to 4 months for holding memorial services for him.
- Vahid Rastgoo, Azeri activist, sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Sentence of one year in jail confirmed for Gonabadi Dervish, Alireza Roshan.
- Afsaneh Toghi, Azeri activist, sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- 5 people executed in Zahedan on Saturday.
- Due to medical negligence a prisoner has died of food poisoning in Zahedan.
- 5 people executed in Shiraz on Sunday, two of them publicly.
- Two people hanged at Dizel Abad prison in Kermanshah on Monday.
- Supreme Leader pardons 30, reduces prison terms of 67 serving sentences in Qazvin prison.
- From October 2011 to October 2012: 488 executions in Iran.
- Iran was the only country in 2010 and 2011 to still execute those under the age of 18 at the time the crime was committed.
- 4 men hanged in Tabriz prison on Wednesday.
University – Culture
- Eutelsat condemns jamming of broadcasts from Iran.
- Vafa news Agency’s licence revoked; Keyhan caricature magazine banned (over a controversial cartoon).
- Managing Director of Setareh Sobh publication has been found guilty of slander.
- Roohollah Bayat denied Master’s Degree studies for the second year.
- BeirutFilmFestival: MohsenMakhmalbaf’s ‘TheGardener’ winsBest Documentary.
- More than 200 bus drivers in Tehran protested in front of the main building of the Municipal Council in Tehran. Thousands of Vahed Company workers join protestors.
- About 200 family members of people on death row gathered in front Khamenei’s compound asking for abolition of death penalty.
- Iran website posts foreign exchange rates but suspends gold prices.
- $ 1 = 3500 toman on Tuesday.
- Some media outlets in Iran put real exchange value of US dollar as 6,300 tomans.
- Turkey confirmed that there had been an explosion in the natural gas pipeline between Iran and Turkey in the night between Sunday and Monday.
- German government calls for the release of Shiva Nazar Ahari.
- Iran sends supertanker to deliver crude oil to South Korea.
- Iranian aid workers in Libya freed.
- Foreign airlines, including Malaysia AirAsia, Britairways, Tajikistan and Britain BMI, ceasing services to Iran amid its mounting economic problems.
- Azerbaijan sentenced 22 people to jail for assisting IRGC in Iran in alleged terror plots against US and Israeli targets
- Statement by Catherine Ashton’s spokesperson on the imminent execution of Gholamreza Khosravi.
Politics in Iran
- Khamenei refuses to meet with Ahmadinejad.
- MP and Ahmadinejad opponent: ‘Ahmadinejad asked twice for the end of Mousavi and Karroubi’s house arrest!
- Ahmadinejad fired competent ministers: Asgarouladi.
- Heads of Evin Prison call on Ahmadinejad’s advisors to prevent his visit to the prison.
- Iran blocks cyber-attack on its oil drilling platforms.
- Tabriz Police: 19 traditional restaurants have been ordered closed and 62 people arrested for not observing Islamic laws.
- Iran sees 500 cyber-attacks a day; says Communication Minister. Cyber-criminals are targeting Skype users, using ransomware and click fraud.
- An earthquake with a 4.8 magnitude shook Shiraz in Fars province on Wednesday.
- 2 billion cubic meters of water transferred to Lake Urmia in a year.
- AHMED SHAHEED REPORT ON HUMAN RIGHTS IN IRAN