- Pan-Iranist member Eugene Akbari has been transferred from Rejaei Shahr prison to Fardis prison in Karaj.
- Anvar Moslemi, Behzad Zabihei and Ashkan Zamani transferred from Sari to Mashhad prison.
- Nader Askari, a former professor of Islamic Azad University, begins serving his 3 years sentence in Gachsaran.
- Elmira Basiri, Baha’i from Isfahan, arrested after summon arrested together with her husband.
- Anvar Moslemi, Baha’i from Sari, recently freed after purging his 1 year sentence, arrested anew.
- Pouya Pourkhorsand, Baha’i from Isfahan, arrested after summon together with his wife.
- Mohammad Samavati has been arrested. He is the brother-in-law of Lawyer Mohammad Mostafaei who fled Iran last year.
- Journalist Mehrdad Serjouie has gone to Evin prison to serve a 3-year sentence.
- Behzad Zabihi, Baha’i from Sari arrested.
- Ashkan Zamani, Baha’i from Sari arrested.
- Furlough extension was denied to Secretary General of Advar-e-Tahkim Ahmad Zeidabadi, he is back in Rejaei Shahr prison.
- Ashkan Badiei-Arani, Baha’i from Karj, released on 50 million toman bail.
D- Other News
- Ahmad Reza Ahmadpour on hungerstrike in Khorramabad prison.
- Isa Saharkhiz, imprisoned journalist suffered a head injury when attacked by security inside a hospital.
- The Iranian judiciary reversed the travel ban against Mehraveh, Nasrin Sotoudeh’s daughter, and therefore Nasrin stopped her hunger strike.
- Ban on visitations and threat of solitary confinement for refusing to wear prison uniforms.
News of injustice in Iran
- Maryam Bahreman, women’s rights activists, sentenced to 8 months suspended for 3 years.
- Ahvaz Court of Appeals has upheld the 18 months sentence of Pan-Iranist member Saman Aryaman.
- Iran suspends death sentence against Saeed Malekpour, web programmer and Canadian resident.
- Hiva Ahmadi, Kamal Fakoorian, Ali Ghoreishi, Baha Maleki, Parviz Nazehi, Aziz Nosrati, Peyman Novadinian, Mostafa Sarbazan, Mohammad Sedigh Sadeghi, Reza Vakili, and Ramin Zand-Nia, members of Teachers’ Union of Kurdistan, each sentenced to 4 months in prison and 2 years ban from teaching.
- 2 men and 1 woman were hanged in Kermanshah on Monday.
- One man publicly hanged in Kermanshah on Monday.
University – Culture
- Writer, sociologist, Ehsan Naraghi died in Iran at the age of 86.
- Iranian filmmaker Jafar Panahi on shortlist for Oscar nomination.
- Defense officials at Shahrekord University install cameras on campus.
- Filmmakers of ‘I am a mother” summoned to court.
- 2400 workers of SAVEH Rolling and Profile Mills and Navard Louleh Safa entered 7th day of strike.
- Nasrin Sotoudeh’s friends and clients gathered in front of the Tehran Prosecutor’s office to check her status on 47th day of hunger strike, which ended two days later
- Major automotive manufacturers’ bankruptcy led to layoff of 280 auto parts manufacturing unit workers.
- Price of US dollar on the rise again in Iran – surpasses 3000 tomans.
- Closure of another manufacturing unit, Bojan Refrigerator Factory, with 242 workers.
Politics in Iran
- Following death of blogger Sattar Beheshti, Tehran’s Fata (cyber) police chief dismissed.
- Rahim-Mashaee removed as Ahmadinejad’s Chief of Staff.
- Ahmadinejad criticizes plan to amend Presidential Elections Act voted by Majlis.
- Egypt bars Iranian official from visiting Gaza.
- Over 300 Iranians are prisoners in Japan.
- French Petroplus petrochemical plant: Iranians want to buy it.
- Once again, Tehran’s air pollution reached an alarming level.
- Schools, offices will be closed in Tehran on Tuesday and Wednesday because of high air-pollution levels.
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 5 on the Richter scale in the city of Kerman.
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 6 on the Richter scale in the city of Birjand : 6 dead.