- Vahid Asghari, sentenced to death, refused to appear in Court; he is transferred to Evin 240 solitary and banned from visits for 3 weeks; he begins a hunger strike to protest.
- Sanaz Tafazzoli who was sentenced to 6 months in prison in Mashhad transferred to Vakil Abad prison.
- Hasan Ark, Azeri activist, arrested in Tabriz.
- Pan-Iranist Milad Dehghan was arrested in Ahvaz.
- Former member of CHRR Saeed Haeri sentenced to 2 years + 74 lashes reported to Evin to start serving sentence.
- Prominent student activist Mehdi Hamidi Shafigh summoned and arrested to start serving 21 months sentence in Tabriz.
- Managing Editor of Diyare Sabz newspaper, Reza Hassanzadeh Ashrafi arrested in his office in Sari and released the same day.
- Dr. Mohammad Maleki summoned to serve his sentence in Evin.
- Political activist Azizollah Pourvali arrested, transferred to Tabriz prison.
- Baha’i Adnan Rahmatpanah arrested in a raid of his home in Shiraz.
- Ahmad Riazi-Moboraki, Azeri activist, goes to Tabriz prison to serve remaining 9 months of his sentence.
- Ali Zakeri summoned and sent to Evin to start serving his 4 years sentence.
- None reported.
- Detention of Mehdi Hashemi [ son of ex-president Rafsanjani] extended by 2 months.
- Dr. Mehdi Khazali on hunger strike again.
News of injustice in Iran
- 3 men hanged in Zahedan on Saturday, one was Pakistani.
- One man hanged in Semnan prison on Monday.
- 2,600 executions during Ahmadinejad’s first term, & more than 2,250 from July 2009 through November 2012.
University – Culture
- One of the students severely burned in the Shinabad classroom fire caused by a space heater has died in hospital.
- Iran launches its version of YouTube.
- Azar Mansouri, political director of the Mosharekat party, suspended from attending university.
- Iran, the second-worst jailer of journalists with 45 behind bars.
- Petro Part, Payandan, Darya, Sahel, Fars, Eskat Workers strike in South Fars to protest not having been paid.
- Layoff of 30 contract workers from Metal Industries.
- Closure of Zagros Automotive factory and layoff of its 400 workers in spite of 3 months unpaid wages.
Politics in Iran
- Hamas Office has been closed in Tehran.
- Security forces prevented Isfahani political and civic activists from a meeting with former President Hashemi Rafsanjani.
- 35 Majlis members signed a motion to impeach Education Minister.
- Iranian warships dock in Sudan, sparking Israeli concern about arms smuggling.
- Afghans attack Iran consulate in city of Herat.
- 1117 workers had occupational injuries in current year in Esfahan; 70-75% due to lack of safety measures.
- Nine cafes closed down in Sanandaj