- Imprisoned Trade Unionist Behnam Ebrahimzadeh moved to Ward 240’s solitary confinement.
- Labor activist Pedram Nasrollahi serving time in Sanandaj prison has been moved to solitary and banned from visits.
- Imprisoned labor activist Reza Shahabi suffering from severe headaches and numbness in fingers has been transferred to hospital.
- Abdolfattah Soltani, imprisoned Human Rights lawyer transferred to hospital.
- Reverend Saeed Abedini, a 32-year-old US citizen and Christian convert, arrested in August and still detained.
- Father of labour activist Seyed Hadi Daneshyar arrested when the home was raided by security forces.
- Assal Esmailzadeh begins serving her 8 months suspended sentence.
- Behnam Momtazi, Baha’I from Ghazvin, arrested.
- Adnan Rahmat-Panah, Baha’i from Shiraz, arrested and sent to Pelak 100.
- 20 Bahais arrested in Karaj, 17 released.
- Imprisoned cleric blogger Ahmad Reza Ahmadpour broke his hunger strike on day 18 and released on furlough.
- Journalist Reza Ansari Rad was released from Evin after serving his 1 year sentence.
- Mehdi Hashemi released from Evin.
- Jailed adviser of Iran leader Ali Akbar Javanfekr given medical leave.
- Shahnam Jazbani freed on bail after suffering a heart attack in detention.
- Navid Moalemi, Baha’i from Minoodasht, freed on bail.
- Majid Asadi has started hunger strike.
- After 4 months, imprisoned husband and wife Journalistes Zhila Baniyagoub and Bahman Amouee were allowed to visit.
- Prisoner of conscience, Arzhang Davoodi, denied phone calls because of his recent letter published on internet.
- Political prisoner, Asadollah Hadi, has refused family visits in solidarity with Ali Moezzi’s and Vahid Asghari’s solitary confinement.
- Imprisoned labor activist Reza Shahabi has launched a hunger strike also refusing his medicine.
- Nasrin Sotoudeh’s mother passed away; Nasrin was not allowed to visit her for a last farewell.
- Majid Tavakoli called his mother for the first time after 3 years in prison and spoke with his parents.
News of injustice in Iran
- Moloud Safaei sentenced to 5 years in prison + 5 years exile from Semnan province for taking part in Ali Saremi funerals.
- 3 people hanged in Urmiah on Saturday.
- One man hanged in Kashan prison on Monday.
- 7 people were hanged in Esfahan prison on Thursday.
University – Culture
- Persian translator of German literature Jahed Jahanshahi dies at 66.
- Hila Sedighi, Keyvan Samimi, Isa Saharkhiz, Iran’s writers honoured by HRW for their commitment to Free Expression.
- Protest of 400 scaffolding workers ay Resalat Square-Tehran against not being included in social security.
- 430 workers of Amirkabir Petrochem of Mahshahr are on strike against unjust pay and contracts.
- Workers sit in protest in front of Iran parliament sent petition with 30,000 signatures.
- 2000 workers and drivers of Tehran and Suburbs Bus Company signed a petition against anti-labour law amendment.
- Protest gathering of appliance manufacturer Azmayesh Factory workers against > 8 months overdue wages.
- Because of sanctions, the cost of treatment for breast cancer increased threefold.
- 3000 carpet weavers were laid off in Khorasan province.
- Layoff of 55 workers of Rail Road Co of Ahvaz.
- Daily oil imports into China from Iran in the first 10 months of 2012 were down 22 percent on the 2011 figure.
Politics in Iran
- The bill about women’s passports returns to Majlis to be revised.
- 2 Iranian pilgrims killed in terrorist attack in Iraq.
- Ahmadinejad cancels planned visit to Turkey.
- Tajik, ex Iranian diplomat, who won British court ruling against his extradition to US, is back home.
- U.N. General Assembly condemned North Korea, Iran and Syria for widespread Human Rights abuses.
- Canada puts Qods Force on terrorist list and removes MKO from same list.
- EU strengthen sanctions against Iran: 490 organisations and 105 people now.
- Iran mine collapse in Tabas kills four workers, four other disappears.
- Iran attacked with data-wiping malware.
- 11 killed near Pakistan-Iran border in Balochistan Gawadar district while trying to illegally cross into neighbouring Iran.