- Political prisoner Hasan Ashtiani has been transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr prison.
- Political Prisoner Mashallah Haeri hospitalized with heart respiratory problems due to wrong medicine.
- Faezeh Hashemi, daughter of former president Rafsanjani has been moved to Ward 209 solitary confinement.
- Dr. Mehdi Khazali has been transferred back to Ward 209 solitary and launched a new hunger strike.
- Political prisoner Raheleh Zokaii transferred to Gharchak Prison, Varamin.
- Two Baha’i infants imprisoned with their mothers transferred to hospital.
- Moshtagh Anvari, Baha’i from Zahedan, arrested and sent to Intelligence ministry.
- Green activist and popular singer Arya Aramnejad started serving his 91 days sentence.
- Verveer Avanessian, priest of a house-church, arrested during Christmas eve in Tehran.
- Farshid Dadvar, Baha’i from Zahedan, arrested and sent to Intelligence ministry.
- Mansour Dashtban, arrested after summon in Isfahan.
- Gonabadi Dervishes’ lawyer Mostafa Daneshjoo returned to prison from hospital before completing treatment.
- Mona Majidi arrested in Sangsar with her 9 months son and sent to Semnan prison to serve her 6 months sentence.
- Furlough extension was denied to Seyed Jalal Nabavi, he is back in Qom prison.
- Rahim SarKar, editor of the weekly “Hadis-e Qazvin” arrested –again.
- Sedigheh Shokati, Baha’i from Zahedan, arrested and sent to Intelligence ministry.
- 88 currency traders and gold coin dealers arrested in Tehran.
- Negar Haeri the daughter of political prisoner Mashallah Haeri has been released.
- Mohammad Karimi, Kurdish workers’ rights activist, released on bail.
- Jamal Minashiri, Kurdish workers’ rights activist, released on bail.
- Ebrahim Mostafa, Kurdish workers’ rights activist, released on bail.
- Ghasem Mostafapour, Kurdish workers’ rights activist, released on bail.
- Baha’i Zohreh Nikaeen allowed 5 day’s leave from Semnan prison, her baby took sick and was sent to hospital.
- Imprisoned Trade Unionist on hunger strike Reza Shahabi granted medical furlough.
- Farid Taheri, member of the Freedom Movement of Iran was released after completing 3 years sentence.
- Hadi Tanoumand, Kurdish workers’ rights activist, released on bail.
- Mohammad-Hossein Nakhaei, 85 years old, denied phone and visitations rights.
- Political prisoner Mostafa Nili ended his hunger strike launched 8 days ago in protest to being moved to Rejaei Shahr
- Father of Zahra Rahnavard -wife of opposition leader Mirhossein Mousavi, under house arrest- passed away. She was not allowed to attend funerals.
- Despite having finished serving 20 years sentence, Urmiah prison officials prevent release of Kurdish political prisoner Ali Sadeghi.
- Attorney/Human Rights activist Seyed Mohammad Seifzadeh refused to appear in court wearing prison uniform.
News of injustice in Iran
- Yousef Abdi sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Mokhtar Alyasi sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Ali Akbar Baghbani, the Head of Teachers Trade Association sentenced to 1 year in prison and 10 years exile in Zabol.
- Kamal Kehzri sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- 2 executions in Urmiah prison.
- 4 executions in Ghezel Hesar prison in Karaj.
- 4 executions in Yazd central prison.
- 10 executions in Taybad on Wednesday.
- 1 execution in Ysooj on Wednesday.
University – Culture
- Ban on Iranian newspaper, Shargh – lifted.
- Bahai student Misagh Imam Verdi expelled from the university in Tehran
- Protest of lawyers in front of Bar Association.
- 2,400 Workers of Saveh Rolling and Profile Mills Co on strike on Saturday Dec 29 protesting 6 months unpaid wages.
- Opening of a new sugar factory in Ahvaz in spite of recent closure of another with more than 50 years in operation.
- Public hospitals in Iran on the verge of bankruptcy due to lack of payment by insurance companies.
Politics in Iran
- Iran’s intelligence ministry threatens reformists with mass arrest.
- Iran’s Ambassador to Syria Mohammad Reza Sheibani met with UN envoy Lakhdar Brahimi in Damascus on Wednesday.
- Iran’s Ambassador to Beirut Ghazanfar Roknabadi and Lebanon’s Prime Minister Najib Mikati held talks on Syria on Friday.
- A small US plane stuck in Iran -near city of Ahvaz- for repair after emergency landing.
- During the past two months; 3 hemophilia patients died due to medication shortage.
- Baha’i cemetery in Sangsar destroyed by bulldozers.
- Sailors holding 8 crew from India captive on boat bought with Germany bank loan.
- All schools closed again on Tuesday and Wednesday due to air pollution in Tehran.