- Political prisoner Ahmadreza Ahmadpour suffering from multitude of illnesses hospitalized due to medicine administrated at prison.
- Adel Naeemi transferred from Evin to Rejaei Shahr.
- Two weeks after release on furlough Mahsa Amrabadi returned to Evin prison
- Senior Reformist Feyzollah Arabsorkhi was returned to Evin from hospital before completing treatment.
- Dr. Latif Hasani, Azari activist, arrested.
- Graduate student Khaled Mohammadi was arrested last week, whereabouts unknown.
- Shahram Radmehr, Azari activist, arrested.
- Ali Dehghan, journalist, released on bail.
- Political prisoner Zahra Mansouri has been released on medical furlough, she suffers from breast cancer
- Mohammad Tavakoli the detained member of Teachers’ Union in Kermanshah released on 50 million tomans bail.
- Dervishes on hunger strike Saleh Moradi and Kasra Nouri forced to sign a letter stating health OK.
- 3 political prisoners in Rajai Shahr denied family visit because they refused to wear a prison uniform.
News of injustice in Iran
- Sentence reduced to 1 year + 600 Toman fine for 85 years old prisoner Mohammad Hossein Nakhaei.
- After 7 years in prison an Afghan citizen was executed in Varamin prison.
- 3 hangings in Isfahan’s prison on Tuesday
University – Culture
- Iran lifted the block on Tabnak news website, close to Mohsen Rezaee.
- Baztab site reports it has been under heavy cyber-attack.
- Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad’s Road Department workers have not received their salaries for 6 months.
Politics in Iran
- Ahmadinejad appointed General Mohammad Hassan Nami as acting Minister of Communications and Information Technology.
- Reformists will participate in presidential election says former minister.
- The Parliament impeached Ahmadenejad’s Labor Minister with, 56 against, 24 abstained & 192 yes votes
- Mortazavi arrested on Monday for corruption and released on Tuesday.
- On supreme leader’s orders, Justice Minister, Sadegh Larijani, gives up suing Ahmadinejad for defamation.
- Bank melli ex manager Mahmoud Reza Khavari wanted by Interpol for fraud.
- Salehi, in separate meetings, held talks with UN Special Envoy for Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati and Syrian opposition leader, Mouaz Al-Khatib.
- Egypt’s Morsi greets Iranian president upon his arrival in Cairo for historic visit.
- European Union court ruled that EU should lift sanctions it imposed on one of Iran’s largest banks, Bank Saderat
- In a unilateral decision, Foreign Minister Salehi announced Egyptian citizens visiting Iran will no longer require a visa.
- $40m oil rig being built for Iran by an Australian crew sank and disappeared into the deep.