- Imprisoned journalist Mohammad Davari kept in ICU after the heart attack caused by the news of his brother’s death.
- Amir Eslami, Gonabadi Dervish lawyer, transferred from Evin 209 to Heart hospital then back to Evin after some hours.
- Emergency transfer to hospital of imprisoned dissident cleric Arash Honarvar Shojaei.
- Imprisoned member of the Kurdistan Green Association, Kamran Rahimi, exiled from Sanandaj to prison in Maragheh.
- Imprisoned human rights attorney Mohammad Seifzadeh has been hospitalized.
- Political prisoner Mostafa Tajzadeh hospitalized again suffering from various health issues due to 27months of fasting.
- Fardin Eghsani, Baha’i, arrested at work in Urmiah.
- Baha’i Taher Eskandarian sentenced to 3 years was arrested and imprisoned in Semnan.
- Ardeshir Fanaian, Baha’i, arrested at home in Semnan.
- Shidrokh Firoozian, Baha’i, arrested at home in Semnan.
- Hossein Karroubi, son of opposition leader Mehdi Karroubi arrested on Monday morning; he was released the same day in the afternoon.
- Farahnaz Moghadam, Baha’i, arrested at home in Urmiah.
- Arrest of Zahra and Narges, daughters of opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi on Monday morning; they are released same day in the afternoon.
- Yasan Mousavi, brother of Hooman (had their parents executed in the 80s) workers’ rights activist in Tehran bazar and member of Mousavi campaign, was arrested last week.
- Journalist Mehdi Tajik went to Evin prison to serve 2-year prison sentence.
- More than 50 Arab Iranians arrested in Ahvaz.
- Tehran police arrested 80 people charged with being thugs and hoodlums.
- Political prisoner Bahman Sadeghi released on a 4 day furlough.
- Arash Shaltooki, Gonabadi Dervish, released on 50 million bail.
- Political prisoner Mohammad Ali Velayati has been released on a 3 day medical furlough.
- Political prisoner Shahin Zeinali released on a 4 day furlough.
- Prisoner of conscience Arzhang Davoodi began hunger strike to protest transfer to isolation.
- Rafsanjani’s daughter Faezeh Hashemi is in solitary confinement.
- Mousavi’s wife Zahra Rahnavard, accompanied by security agents was allowed to visit her mother.
- Iranian student activist Majid Tavakoli was awarded Norway’s prestigious Student Peace Prize in absentia.
- Shahrokh Zamani barred from face-to-face visitation and phone calls.
- Families of journalists arrested 20 days ago were once again denied prison visits on Thursday.
News of injustice in Iran
- Court of Appeals has upheld 5 year sentence for Jamal GhaderNezhad, the Kurdish student activist from Mahabad.
- Mehrdad and Orang Mahdavi, Baha’is living in Karaj, sentenced to 1 year in prison each.
- Afsaneh Majidi, Baha’i living in Karaj, sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Naghmeh Rezvani, Baha’i living in Karaj, sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Kamran Sabet, Baha’i living in Karaj, sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Baharak Saheli, Baha’i living in Karaj, sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Two executions in Arak prison on Tuesday.
- One public execution on Tehran on Wednesday
- One public hanging in Shiraz on Thursday.
- One hanging in Karoon prison on Thursday.
University – Culture
- Student activist Amir Mohammad Moghaddam expelled from Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
- New movie from Iranian director Jafar Panahi, which defies a ban on filmmaking makes its debut at Berlin Film Festival.
- Student activist Amir Mohammad Someeh a Mashhad Ferdowsi University mechanical engineering student has been expelled.
- Cyber police hack into large number of e-mail accounts.
- Music recording studio was shut down in Tehran.
- A number of short-film and documentary filmmakers summoned and interrogated.
- Nima Construction workers rally in Sanandaj
- U.S. pharmaceutical exports to Iran cut in half in 2012.
- Iran has ordered a 6-month ban on pistachio exports to try and control the price of the nut, which doubled in the past month.
Politics in Iran
- Ahmadinejad appoints the impeached labor minister as his social affairs adviser.
- Iraq: 5 killed during attack against PMOI camp near Bagdad.
- Iran and Hezbollah build militia networks in Syria in event that Assad falls, officials say.
- Iran recalled its Ambassador to Bulgaria after Bulgaria accused Hezbollah of bombing the bus of Israeli tourists in Burgas.
- Brig. Gen. Hassan Shateri, a Quds Force commander is 1st Iranian General Killed in Syria Conflict.
- An earthquake measuring 3.6 on the Richer scale hit the city of Dehloran in Ilam province, Western Iran, on Thursday.