- Kurdish political activists, Mehdi Yousefpour, Behzad Abdizadeh, Saleh Ahmazadeh, Mohammad Gharemani, Naser Mohammadi, Abbas and Mohammad Moussa Tat transferred to Urmia prison.
- Babak Abbasi, Jahanbakhsh Ahmadi, Goran Bahrami, Mohammad Negari, Motasem Shafei, Arash and Ghane Hatami, arrested in Paveh.
- Ali Azadi, Hamed Mohammadnezhad, Farough and Farzad Samani, Kurdish workers’ rights activists, arrested in Sanandaj.
- Baha’i Golrokh Firouzian arrested in Semnan.
- Rasoul Khezr Morovat, Kurdish cultural activist, arrested in Mahabad.
- Masoud Kordpour, brother of Mokrian site manager, arrested.
- Mohammad Mozafari arrested and sent to Evin to serve his 6 years sentence.
- Sharif SaeedPanah Board member of the Free Trade Union of Workers was arrested.
- Blogger student, Badri Safiari arrested in Fars province.
- Mahmoud Bagheri released on furlough.
- Asal Esmailzadeh freed after serving her sentence.
- Journalist Ehsan Mazandarani released.
- Mohammad Hossein Naeemipour released from Evin on furlough.
- Shiva Nazarahari has been released on furlough.
- Abolfazl Shahpari released on furlough.
- Parvin Ghafarkhani, writer and poet suffering from ill health, was asked by judge Khakpour for sex, she refused and was taken to prison. In protest she burned herself and is now demanding that her familiy home, used as surety for her release from prison, be released.
- Political prisoner Mir Taher Mousavi refusing needed medicine protesting illegal detention in Intel Ministry’s Ward 209.
- After 4 months, two daughters of MirHossein Mousavi and Zahra Rahnavard, Iran opposition leaders under house arrest, allowed to meet their parents.
News of injustice in Iran
- Court has overturned the death sentences of Kurdish prisoners Sammi Hosseini and Jamaloldin Mohammadi giving each 10 years in exile.
- Baha’i human rights activist Navid Khanjani beaten in prison.
- Supreme Court has upheld the death sentences of Ebrahim Issapour, Saman Nasim and Samkoo Nezhadi.
- Political prisoner Ali Ahmad Soleiman, an Iraqi national, was sentenced to death in his appeal hearing.
- Female student dormitory at Tehran University attacked by unknown assailants.
University – Culture
- Iran blocked access to VPN.
- Sepideh Vaziri and Samir Golshan have been expelled from Payam e Nour University because of their Baha’i beliefs
- Any gathering for the Chahar shanbeh souri traditional fire festival banned in Kurdistan.
- Maghreb daily shut down by Press Board.
- The critics’ prize awarded to ‘Taboor’ by Vahid Vakilifar at 15th Deauville Asian Film Festival.
- 40 students reported expelled from Fatima High School, Marivan, for inability to pay $100 fees.
- Iranian actresses file complaints against conservative filmmaker for calling them prostitutes.
- The families of arrested labor activists protested in Sanandaj.
Politics in Iran
- Iranian human rights official describes homosexuality as an illness.
- 99 Basij battalions and 15,000 police officers are prepared to keep the ‘peace’ during the election in Tehran.
- Iran to build refineries in African states, Algeria, Angola, South Africa.
- Pakistani President Zardari in Iran to follow-up on Gazoduc building.
- US extended 180-day waivers on Iran sanctions to Japan and 10 European Union nations.
- Iran and Hezbollah have built 50,000-strong force to help Syrian regime.
- US, Iran secretly discussed swap of al Qaeda detainees for Iranian dissidents of MKO
- An explosion injured several people in Bandar Imam Khomeini port in south of the country.
- An Iranian plane tried to intercept an American drone.
- Drug use in Iran recorded among children as young as 10 years old. The average age of drug addiction is between 15 and 17, with 300 minors falling into the category every day.