- Saeed Abedini stops hunger strike after his return to 350. – Transferred to Modarres hospital for stomach bleeding then back to Evin.
- Abolfazl Abedini Nasr, Kamran Ayazi, Mohammad and Pouria Ebrahimi, Siamak Ghaderi, Amir Khosro Dalirsani, Saeed Madani, Abdollah Momeni and Mohamad-Hassan Yousefpour-Seifi stopped hunger strike after return to 350.
- Mohammad Ehiaee workers’ rights activist, arrested at his work place
- Fardin Ghaderi, Hamed Mahmoudinejad, Shahpour Hosseini, Jalil Mohammadi and Aram Zandi workers’ rights activists arrested in Sanandaj.
- Mohammad Ghasem-Khani Bahram Saeedi, all workers at Iran Khodro, arrested at work.
- Baztab news site managing director Ali Ghazali has been reported arrested.
- Idris Karimi, Adel Moradi and Naaman Manouchehri arrested in Ravansar.
- Eilghar Moazzenzadeh Azeri poet arrested with his brother Ehsan at their home in Meshkin-Shahr and transferred to Ardebil Intelligence detention center.
- Baha’i Parisa Shahidi was arrested in a raid of her home. Her husband is imprisoned in Rajaei Shahr.
- Ali Azad, workers’ rights activist, released on bail.
- Shohreh Azami-Kasaei was freed at the end of her 8 month sentence.
- Zhinoos Nourani was freed at the end of her 1 year sentence.
- Saeed Abedini, Abolfazl Abedini Nasr, Kamran Ayazi, Mohammad Ebrahimi, Pouria Ebrahimi, Siamak Ghaderi, Amir Khosro Dalirsani, Saeed Madani, Abdollah Momeni and Mohamad-Hassan Yousefpour-Seifi launched a hunger strike to protest detention in Evin prison solitary after they protested against repressive conditions in Ward 350.
News of injustice in Iran
- Davoud Alijani, Ahvaz pastor Farhad Sabok-Rouh and Naser Zamen-Dezfouli summoned to serve 1 year sentences in Sepidar prison.
- Akbar Amini has been sentenced to 5 years in prison and 5 year ban from any political activity.
- Mohammad Parsi and Pejman Zafarmand both sentenced to 3 years in prison and 5 years ban from any political activity.
- Ayat Mehrali-Biglou, Shahram Radmehr, Mahmoud Fazli, Behboud Gholizadeh and Latif Hassani, Azeri political activists, sentenced to 9 years in prison.
- Shahnaz Jayzan, wife of Pastor Sabok-Rouh, summoned to serve her 1 year sentence.
- Gonabadi Dervish, Mehran Rahbari sentenced to 2 years in prison.
- 3 public executions in Kermanshah on Monday.
- 3 executions in Isfahan prison.
- Flogging sentence carried out in public in Abiek.
- 3 hangings in Shahroud on Thursday.
- One hanging in Semnan on Thursday.
University – Culture
- Internet proxies no longer effective in Iran.
- Book of former President Rafsanjani banned at Tehran Book Fair.
- The protest movement started by Kurdish men posting photographs of themselves dressed in women’s clothing in a Facebook campaign“Beingawomanisnothumiliatingandshouldnotbeconsideredpunishment” – started after police paraded a convicted criminal through the city of Marivan dressed in traditional Kurdish women’s clothing – continues to gain international media attention.
- Kenya jails two Iranians for life for plotting attacks.
- Kuwait upheld a life sentence against 2 Iranians for their role in a pro-Iran espionage network.
- Houtan Kian receives Dutch Lawyers for Lawyers’ award.
- FM Salehi meets Bashar al-Assad in Damascus.
- Yusuf Bin Alawi, Omani foreign minister arrives in Tehran.
- Iran cuts bread subsidies.
- Statistical center reports show record inflation in March/April at 38.7%, and inflation over past 12 months at 29.8%.
- Osve Iran factory closes; 24 workers fired.
- Head of the Pharmaceutical Division in the Food and Drug Organization resigns due to shortage of vital drugs, accuses Ahmadinejad government of managerial failure.
- Raziyeh Omidvar is the first woman in the history of the Islamic Republic of Iran to stand as a candidate in the 11th presidential elections..
- Islamic Dress Code: Compulsory staff uniforms for female employees of Tehran University.
- Ali Parvin receives AFC Distinguished Service Award.
- Earthquake strikes port in Hormozgan province.
- Iran plunges 62 places in quality of life ranking in comparison with other countries over the past five years.
- News from Iran – Week 18 – 2013
- News from Iran – Week 17 – 2013
- News from Iran – Week 16 – 2013
- Current list of past and present detainees in Iran – feedback and updates welcomed