- Ayoub Asadi, Kurdish political activist, transferred to Kashmar to serve his 20 year sentence.
- Emergency transfer of Dervish lawyer Amir Eslami to hospital after heart attack.
- Fakhroldin Faraji, Kurdish political activist, transferred to Tabas to serve his 30 year sentence.
- Chengiz Ghadem-Kheiri , Kurdish political activist, transferred to Masjede-Soleiman to serve his 40 year sentence.
- Kurdish activist on death row, Habibollah Golparipour, transferred to Urmiah prison from Semnan.
- Namegh Mahmoudi, 62 years old political prisoner of Rejaei Shahr, transferred to hospital.
- Mohammad-Hossein Rezaei, Kurdish political activist, transferred to Minoab to serve his 30 year sentence.
- Javad Abou-Ali and Mohammad Danaei arrested in Behbahan.
- Civil activist Behnam Bagheri arrested in a raid of his toy store in Maku.
- Gonabadi dervish, Seyed Ebrahim Bahrami, arrested in Kavar.
- Hamid-Reza Rezaei, vice-admiral in charge of special marine commandos in Sirjan arrested.
- Abdollah Sadoughi, environmentalist, arrested at home in Tabriz.
- Masoud Shamsnejad, law professor at Payam-e-Noor and Azad Universities of Urmia, and lawyer of death row prisoner Habibillah Golparipour, arrested.
- Activist/poet, law student Jahanbakhsh Soltanzadeh (Salour) arrested in a raid of his home
- Temporary detention order for Human Rights activists/journalists Masoud and Khosro Kordpour has been extended another 2 months – At the urging of his family Khosro Kurdpour ended his hunger strike after 25 days.
- Ali Azad, workers’ rights activist, released on bail.
- Shohreh Azami-Kassaei freed after serving her sentence.
- Mahmoud Dordkeshan freed after serving 1 year in prison.
- Political prisoner Pouria Ebrahimi released from Evin after completing 1 year sentence.
- Workers’ Rights activist, Ghaleb Hosseini, arrested 19 March, released on 150 million toman bail.
- Zhinous Nourani freed after serving her sentence.
- Shirin Ebadi accepts Golden Lily of Florence on behalf of Nasrin Sotoudeh.
- Imprisoned journalist, Rahman Ghahremanpour, denied transfer to hospital for refusing to wear prison uniform.
- Mostafa Nili, political prisoner of Rejaei Shahr, not allowed furlough to attend his father’s funeral.
- Prominent Iranian union leader, Mansour Osanlou, says he left country after death threats.
- Political prisoners in Zahedan central prison launched a hunger strike to protest their continued illegal imprisonment and prevention of their basic rights.
- Mohammad-Reza Ahmadi-Nia, member of Pen club, sentenced to 3 years in prison + 1 year suspended.
- Court overturns the exile sentence of Mokhtar Asadi, member of Teacher’s Union.
- Mohsen Ghashghaeizadeh sentenced to 2 years.
- Sirwan and Shirzad Hossein Panahi, Kurdish civil activists sentenced to 6 months each.
News of injustice in Iran
- One hanging in Kermanshah on Sunday.
- Three hangings in Rajaei-Shahr on Wednesday.
- One public hanging in Noshahr.
- Seven hangings in Rasht prison.
University – Culture
- 8 booths closed and 883 books withdrawn at Tehran International Book Fair.
- Mohammad-Rezā Lotfi’s concert canceled by ministry of Culture and Guidance.
- Khatoon Abad Copper strikers attacked by the guards.
- “Bouazizi of Ahwaz”, Mehdi Hadi Mojadam, dies of burns injuries.
- 400 building workers protest in Seyyed Alshohada mosque in Shariati Street of Tehranpars.
- Taxi drivers are on strike in Sanandaj
- Journalists of Shahrvand go on strike.
- 150 bus drivers of Tehran protest in front of Tehran Town Hall.
- Afghanistan says nine migrants killed by Iranian border guards.
- Lotfollah Forouzandeh, Iranian Vice President, meets Head of Turkish Parliament in Ankara.
- Iranian convicted over Nigeria arms.
- US to block sales of gold to Iran in sanctions pressure.
- First group of 14 Iraqi members of MKO moved to Albania.
- Minister of Industry, Mines and Trade leaves for Vietnam.
- Two Iranian diplomats declared “personae non grata” by Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Security Ministry.
- Akhshan seat-belt factory closure in Shiraz leaves 500 unemployed.
- Iran banned luxury car imports (Benz + Porsche).
- South Korea cut crude imports from Iran by half in April.
- Sharp decline in IRI Shipping Lines revenues.
- A total of 686 hopefuls have registered for Iran’s presidential election.
- 35 reformist candidates disqualified in municipal elections.
- Guardian Council extends deadline to announce final list of Iran presidential candidates to May 21.
- 100 Majlis deputies ask Gardians Council not to approve candidacy of Rafsanjani and Mashaei.
- 2 sites close to candidate Rahim Mashaei filtered.
- Vice President Rahimi withdraws presidential candidacy.
- Foreign Minister Spokesman resigns amid presidential bid.
- Ayatollah Sistani deems that being a candidate at the presidential election is a duty for Rafsanjani.
- The Reformists Advisory Council and The Participation Front have officially endorsed Hashemi Rafsanjani.
- The manager of Keyhan newspaper threatens Rafsanjani of clashes with Hezbollah and Supreme Guide support.
- Young Reformists supporters of Rafsanjani were prevented from holding a pre-approved meeting in Rasht.
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.2 hits Southern Iran near Minab.
- Ban on the Reuters bureau in Tehran lifted.
- News from Iran – Week 19 – 2013
- News from Iran – Week 18 – 2013
- News from Iran – Week 17 – 2013
- Current list of past and present detainees in Iran – feedback and updates welcomed