- Dr. Nader Babaei transferred handcuffed and shackled to hospital with internal bleeding.
- Massoud Bastani and Keyvan Samimi were transferred to solitary confinement at Rajaei Shahr Prison.
- Iran’s oldest political prisoner, Abbas Amir-Entezam, discharged from hospital and allowed to go home.
- On day 17 of hunger strike, political prisoner Rasoul Herdani has been moved to Evin clinic in poor health.
- Critic and blogger Ahmad Nourmohammadi Abadchi was arrested in Ahvaz and transferred to Isfahan Intel detention
- Five days after release, political prisoner Hadi Amini re-arrested.
- Journalist Zhila Baniyaghoub arrived at Evin Prison to begin serving her one-year sentence.
- Ebrahim Fakhri arrested in Maku for attending a session of poetry in Turkish language.
- Hashem Hosseinpanahi, Kurdish activist, arrested.
- Babak Mohsennezhad, photographer, arrested when taking pictures in Maku.
- Professor at online Baha’i University, Keyvan Rahimian, summoned to serve his 5-year sentence.
- Mohammad-Hasan Yousef-Pourseifi, human rights activist, reported to Evin to start serving his 5.5 year sentence.
- Vahdat Dana, Baha’i from Shiraz, freed after serving his sentence.
- Akbar Amini released on bail.
- Iman Rashidi, Fariba Ashtari, Farhanaz Misaghian, Shabnam Motahed, and Nategh Naeemi, Baha’i from Yazd, freed on 50 million Toman bail each.
- Fariborz Baghi, Baha’i from Yazd, freed on 80 million Toman bail.
- Sina Aghdaszadeh and Shayan Tafazoli,Baha’i from Mashhad, freed on 100 million Toman bail each.
- Hossein Yazdi, reformist politician arrested last week released.
- Muzaffar Dadi, 24, who had been incarcerated in Bandar Abbas Prison, died after being violently beaten by guards.
- Wife of political activist and former prisoner Mohammad Esmail-Zadeh beaten by security forces commander, her teeth and jaw broken.
- Hossein Ronaghi-Maleki suffering from internal bleeding in his kidneys after beatings and hunger strike
News of injustice in Iran
- Human Rights activist and Zanjan Payame Noor University student Davoud Khodakarami has been sentenced to 4 months suspended for 4 years.
- Journalist and political activist Mohammadsafar Lafoti has been sentenced to 5 years suspended sentence and a 5 year ban from political or journalism activities
- New charges have been pressed against senior reformist Behzad Nabavi, imprisoned in IRGC’s ward 2A.
- 3 executions in Rajaei Shahr prison.
University – Culture
- First phase of the national internet has been installed in 28 of Iran’s 31 provinces.
- Tehran Times Managing Director, Reza Moghaddasi, and Isaac Chipampe, Managing Director of Zambia’s Daily Mail, signed a cooperation agreement with the goal of improving socio-cultural relations between Iran and Zambia.
- Isfahan Petrochemical Complex shut down due to oil shortages.
- Iran suspends $2.6B gas project with Chinese consortium.
- 5 million day laborers deprived of benefits of the labor law.
- Workers protesting the bankruptcy verdict of Avangaan manufacturer of transmission towers: 100 workers laid off.
- $ 1 = 2,200 Toman on Wednesday, 2,250 on Thursday
- Russia has taken over the market for Iranian oil in Turkey.
- Iran and North Korea sign technological cooperation agreement, deepening ties.
- Bahrain demands apologies from Iran further to translation of Morsi speech during NAM.
- Alleged spy ring for Iran revealed by visual records in Turkey.
- Iran Supplying Syrian Military via Iraqi Airspace.
- Canada lists Iran as “state sponsor of terrorism” for support of Assad regime in Syria. Canada has closed its embassy in Iran, effective immediately, and declared personae non gratae all remaining Iranian diplomats in Canada.
- Ahmadinejad appoints Reza Nazar-Ahari, former ambassador to Finland, as Iran’s new ambassador to Japan.
Politics in Iran
- Revolutionary Guards killed a member of the PDKI, Esmail Kargar, in Shno.
- Khamenei’s rep in IRGC: Regime’s legitimacy does NOT lie in people’s vote – while admitting that thousands of protesters and dissidents had been arrested after the 2009 election.
- 7 Ayatollahs in Qom call execution of political opponents legally indefensible.
- IRGC wants to establish seminary schools.
- Security forcibly closes 15 businesses in Qazvin for not strictly observing the rules and values of Islam.
- Iran’s next presidential election set for June 14 2013.
21 medals, of which 9 gold for Iran during the London 2012 Paralympics.