News of the Prisoners
- Mousavi’s senior adviser Ali Reza Beheshti Shirazi transferred to hospital.
- National-Religious activist Masoud Pedram has been transferred back to Ward 350 from Ward 2-A solitary.
- Rastin Aalemi, student in Mazandaran University arrested.
- Sholeh Afshari, Baha’i, arrested in Isfahan.
- Ali Aghazadeh, merchant in Tabriz bazar, arrested.
- Hossein Ahmadian arrested in Maragheh.
- Mostafa Avazpour, arrested in Tabriz for protesting against Lake Urmiah drying up.
- Mohammad Eskandarzadeh arrested in Tabriz for protesting against Lake Urmiah drying up.
- Bahram Ferdosian, Baha’i, arrested in Isfahan.
- Abolfazl Garamani, student in Mazandaran University arrested.
- Mehran Keshavarz, Sepah soldier, arrested in Urmiah for protesting against lake drying up.
- Pouria Khaleghi, student in Mazandaran University arrested.
- Rouhollah Khani arrested in Urmiah for protesting against lake drying up.
- Askar Khaniari arrested in Urmiah for protesting against lake drying up.
- Hasan Mirzakhani arrested in Tabriz for protesting against Lake Urmiah drying up.
- Akbar Mohajeri arrested in Tabriz for protesting against Lake Urmiah drying up.
- Hamid Noghoudi arrested in Urmiah for protesting against Lake Urmiah drying up.
- Ghader Norouzi arrested in Tabriz for protesting against lake drying up.
- Esrafil Omidi, student in Shahid Beheshti University, arrested in Urmiah for protesting against lake drying up.
- Mana Pirali, Baha’i, arrested in Isfahan.
- Mehrdad Raha arrested in Urmiah for protesting against lake drying up.
- Mobin Rastemian student in Mazandaran University arrested
- Fariborz Reisdana, economist, member of Iran Writers Association, arrested to serve out a 1-year prison term.
- Azam Tabibi, Baha’i, arrested in Isfahan.
- Afsaneh Toghi arrested inside Tabriz University for protesting against Lake Urmiah drying up.
- Arrests at a private party (9 men + 6 women) where alcohol was served.
- Tens of people arrested in East and West Azarbaijan for protesting the drying up of Lake Urmiah.
- Clergy/blogger Ahmad Reza Ahmadpour ended his hunger strike after being granted furlough.
- Journalist Rahman Bouzari was transferred to Evin prison on Saturday to start serving his 2 years sentence.
- Mahdieh Golroo, student activist, was released at the end of her sentence.
- Women’s rights activist Mahboobeh Karami was released on bail a little while ago. She’d been detained since May 15 last year.
- Teachers Trade unionist Ali Poursoleiman was released after completing his one year sentence.
- Author and literary translator Mohammad Soleimaninia has been released on bail.
- Mohammad Sedigh Kaboudvand has been on hunger strike since May 4th.
- Iran to retry Kurdish Moradi brothers sentenced to death.
- Mohammad Reza Motamednia has ended his hunger strike after 42 days.
- Political prisoner Mansour Radpour has died in custody in Rejaei Shahr prison.
- Imprisoned blogger Hossein Ronaghi Maleki has started a hunger strike.
- Prison officials recently admitted to using trained dogs to attack prisoners as a punishment.
News of injustice in Iran
- Mostafa Armin, Kurdish activist, sentenced to 15.5 years in prison + exile for Moharebeh.
- Nioosha Badi Sabet, Baha’i, sentenced to 1 year in prison + 1 year suspended.
- Saeed Derayat, Kurdish activist, sentenced to 4 years in prison.
- Ali Divsalar, Baha’i, sentenced to 2 years in prison + 2 years suspended.
- Anisa Fanaian, Baha’i sentenced to 4 years and 4 months..
- Abolfazl Ghadiani sentenced to one extra year in prison for writing to Khamenei.
- Court of Appeals upheld 3 1/2 years in prison+70 lashes for Mashhad Ferdowsi University student Mohammad Ghafarian.
- Solmaz Ghasemi, Baha’i, sentenced to 1 year in prison + 1 year suspended.
- Sarah Haj Ebrahimi Baha’i, sentenced to 2 years in prison + 2 years suspended.
- Mousa Hatefi, Kurdish activist, sentenced to 7 years in prison.
- Reza Jolodarzadeh Editor-in-Chief of banned weekly Sobhe Azadi has been sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Sabah Khaiat sentenced to 6 years by Appeals.
- Ali Marhamati, Kurdish activist, sentenced to 4 years in prison.
- Shamis Nourani, Baha’i, sentenced to 1 year in prison + 1 year suspended.
- No one found guilty for the 4 death of Hoda Saber (political prisoner died after 9-days hunger strike) and Haleh Sahabi (died at father funeral) Prosecutor.
- Amir Seif sentenced to 5 years + 74 lashes on anti-national security acts by participating in protests and insulting officials.
- Two people executed in Esfahan on Saturday.
- Seven people executed in Lakan prison in Rasht on Sunday.
- 14 people hanged on Monday of which two men in Sanandaj, one man in Sari and one in Kermanshah.
- Man convicted of alcohol consumption was lashed in public in Mianeh.
- 3 people were hanged in Adelabad prison in Shiraz on Tuesday.
- A man received 74 lashes in public in Dashte Azadegan in Khozestan province
- One pubic hanging in Ilam on Thursday.
University – Culture
- Education Ministry is cooperating with theological seminaries to produce elementary school textbooks.
- Members of music group [rap band ] “vibrations” were arrested in Mahabad.
- Reuters Bureau Chief in Tehran, Parisa Hafezi has been banned from leaving Iran.
- 9 internet cafes shut down due to using proxy filters.
- Asghar Farhadi received EU Media prize in Cannes – he will direct his next film in France.
- Iran’s Abbas Kiarostami relocates to Japan for Cannes entry ‘Like Someone in Love’.
- Iran to issue media licenses to foreign media from Latin America and “Islamic Awakening” countries.
- The Elamite rock bas-relief of Kurangun in the Baba Meydan region of Fars Province, faces destruction.
- Shiraz Payamnour University English language and literature student Yekta Fahandezh has been expelled for being of Baha’i faith.
- Protests in Urmiah on Monday against drying up of the Lake.
- Preschool teachers protest in front of Parliament.
- Clandestine Gay Rights Rally in Tehran.
Economy in Iran
- Water bills to rise 20%.
- $1 = 1700 tomans.
- South Korea’s largest oil refiner SK Energy will stop Iranian crude imports from July.
- 800 Metro workers have not been paid for five months in Ahvaz.
- Iranian oil exports to China down by 23% in April compared to last year.
- Iran plans a new oil terminal outside the Strait of Hormuz to protect its exports.
- Hundreds of brick making factories closed down; thousands of seasonal workers unemployed in Kermanshah.
- Fire erupts in petrochemical plant in Khuzestan province.
- Iran to export oil products to Ecuador.
- FM Ali Akbar Salehi left for Kuwait on Sunday.
- Iran calls back ambassador from Azerbaijan.
- Three Iranian truck drivers were abducted in Syria.
- Hojjat 0l-Eslam Mohammad Mohammadi, the Supreme Leader’s representative and head of the Islamic Charities Organization, met with Hezbollah Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah.
- Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, Saeed Jalili met with Iraq’s Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki and President Jalal Talabani.
- Ahmadinejad meets with Sudan’s presidential adviser.
- Ahmadinejad invites Syria’s Assad, to visit Tehran to take part in a meeting of Non-Aligned Movement.
- Iran and Afghanistan have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on cooperation on an anti-narcotics campaign.
- There are currently 5,700 Iranians registered as refugees or asylum seekers in Turkey.
Politics in Iran
- Iranian diplomat accused of child molestation in Brazil fired from Foreign Ministry.
- Former deputy head of the Central Bank accused in fraud case attends government meetings.
- Deal signed to split oil revenue between outlets of IRGC and Basij militia.
- Iranians buying oxygen tanks to escape Tehran’s polluted air: 5 minutes of oxygen, for $3.
- Landmine explosion kills two.
- Bodies of 98 Iranians and 13 Iraqis killed during 1980-1988 war returned to their native countries on Monday.