- Mohammad Banazadeh-Amirkhizi transferred to hospital.
- Mashallah Haeri transferred to hospital.
- Iraj Mohammadi transferred to solitary in Zahedan prison.
- Javid (Mahmoud) Akrami, Sunni activist, arrested.
- Loghman Darvand arrested in Marivan.
- Hashem Matahi, teacher, arrested in Dehgolan.
- Ali Rashidi begins serving his 2 years sentence.
- Heshmatollah Tabarzadi back to prison at the end of furlough.
- Christian convert Davoud Alijani freed at the end of his sentence.
- Poet Fatemeh Ekhtiar released on $67.500.
- Behnaz Hadadzadeh freed from Mashhad prison.
- Negar Malekzadeh freed from Mashhad prison.
- Poet Mehdi Mousavi released on $67.500.
- Elham Rouzbehi and her baby were freed from Esfahan prison.
- More than 30 Evin prisoners denied visits from more than 2 weeks.
- Sunni prisoners deprived of hot water for 2 weeks in Rajaei Shahr.
News of injustice in Iran
- Kurdish activist Kaveh Kanebi sentenced to life time – He fled to Iraq 2 months ago.
- Reza Sharifi-Bokani sentenced to 4 years in exile in abstentia.
- Mahmoud and Abdol-Vahid Shah-Bakhsh, Baloch activists, sentenced to execution.
- One hanging in Tabriz.
- One hanging in Yasouj prison on Monday.
- Two hangings in Sari on Sunday.
- 5 hangings in Shiraz on Tuesday.
- 5 hangings in Shahroud on Wednesday.
- 7 hangings in Rejaei-Shahr on Tuesday.
- One hanging in Tabas on Wednesday.
University – Culture
- Authorities close cultural events in Tehran.
- 3 internet cafés closed in Shahroud.
- Prison sentence for 3 teachers stopped.
- Rouhani encounters protests during his trip to Khuzestan.
- Nurses in Mahshahr protest outside hospital for alleged lack of pay & benefits for last 2 years.
- Irish parliamentary delegation meets Iran parliament speaker.
- Lebanese President Michel Sleiman, meets Iran’s FM Minister Javad Zarif.
- Zarif meets with Hezbollah chief.
- Zarif meets Iraq FM and Prime Minister.
- Zarif meets Bashar al Assad in Damascus.
- Zarif meets Lavrov and Putin in Moscow.
- UAE and Iran reach agreement on disputed Hormoz islands.
- Zarif meets King Abdullah of Jordan.
- Payment schedule to Iran:
- Feb 1 – $550 million
- March 1 – $450 million
- March 7 – $550 million
- April 10 – $550 million
- April 15 – $450 million
- May 14 – $550 million
- June 17 – $550 million
- July 20 – $550 million.
- Following the Geneva agreement, a record number of oil, gas and petrochemical companies from EU member nations such as Italy, Holland, France, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Belgium and even US attended the tenth international energy exhibition in Kish
- City Council Spokeswoman relieved of duties for using Facebook.
- Water shortage in 511 cities of Iran.
- Ahwaz manager sentenced to 10 months in prison due to city water contamination.
- Rafsanjani meets with members of Freedom of Press Association.
- Education minister calls for release of jailed teachers.
- Creation of Basij in regional countries officially announced.
- Prohibition for women to used Tehran municipality bikes.
As usual, list of political prisoners in Iran: http://hyperactivist.info/ipr.html
Please help us to keep it updated
3 thoughts on “News from Iran – Week 03 – 2014”
Reblogged this on Mark Geoffrey Kirshner.